Author Topic: 6 week post-op pics...what do u think?  (Read 3243 times)

Offline msfrod

• Posting Member
Hello,

I am a 27 year old with what I thought to be a mild case of gyne.  I try to stay in shape by working out, but have never taken any steroids or drugs.  
Prior to my surgery, I visited 3 doctors who all agreed that I had very minimal gland on my right side.   One of them said that no surgery was needed, and the other two said that all they could do was lipo since the gland was very little.

I opted to have the surgery 6 weeks ago.  I have been wearing the vest all this time but in all honesty, I am not happy with the results at all.  The doctor told me that it could take a year for final results, but I think I should have seen at least some results.

I need your opinion on my surgery.  I still think I have gland, but again, I am not a doctor.  It also cannot be coincidental that all 3 told me the same thing, "No gland".

Before

AFTER

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
this is just my humble opinion so please take it with a grain of salt.  personally, i think you look fantastic!! i don't see any problem whatsoever.  from your pictures it's obvious you take very good care of your body and you are a very handsome man. i'm not saying you have a problem, but a lot of guys...and i mean A LOT (more and more every day) have what could be called "the adonis complex" (it's a book-check it out).  basically it means striving for absolute perfection in everything related to your body and never being happy enough with your body.

again, i'm not trying to minimize your pain if you are suffering, but you wanted opinions and i'm just giving you mine. if i were you i'd be walking down the street in broad daylight in my underwear, LOL.  i don't see any problem at all.  

just ask yourself--and be honest--do you think it's possible that maybe you'll never be happy with your body? that you are always finding *something* wrong?

anyway, i think you look fine but in the end it's your opinion that matters. i agree with the doctors, though.

Offline unisys

• Bronze Member
Since you have a pretty low bodyfat %, you should have an easier time determining if there is excess fat or glandular tissue above your pecs.  Try flexing your pecs and then palpating the areolar region to see if there is anything but muscle underneath that region.  Remember that the asymmetry might just be natural in your case and surgery usually doesn't fix that.

Also, the second set of pictures you posted are really hard to observe because they look like they have been resized.  Can you post the originals?

Offline msfrod

• Posting Member
Thank you for the quick responses, I truly appreciate your honesty.  The doctor had me flex and said that there was nothing there.  My question is, how come my nipples are still very puffy?  Whenever is cold, my nipples retract creating the ideal look for my pecs.

I'm posting the original pictures as well as some new ones of me flexing my pecs.  Any more thought are welcomed.

Offline joedead

• Posting Member
Your post op pics look better,  reminds me of mine.  

How much was surgery, if you don't mind my asking?

Offline imready

• Posting Member
Dude,
I don’t mean to sound harsh, but there is still gland in there. You are leaner in the "after" pictures and I think that is the only difference. I had a PS tell me he could get it all with lipo. I opted to go with the PS who recommended excision. I don't think your problem was fat to begin with, remember lipo only removes FAT and there was not too much fat on you to begin. Where did you have your surgery? Best of luck.

Offline unisys

• Bronze Member

Your chest doesn't have a natural contour and from those two pictures it seems like there is something (such as glandular tissue) present that the surgeons didn't remove.

When you flex as you did in those two pictures, is there any tissue in the areolar region that floats over your pec muscle?  Grab your pec as you flex or ask someone else to and if it is all muscle the areolar region should feel no different from the rest of your chest.  Ideally the entire chest should feel hard and muscular like your calves/biceps do when you flex them.

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
One year for final results ??  ??? He's lying ! As you say, you should have seen some results ! And when I see those post op pics, gyne is still there. The pics when you are flexing your pecs really show that nothing really changed. If I were you, I would get in touch with your doctor and have a word with him/her. Keep in touch and good luck mate !

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
mmmm, most cases are earlier, but i think a few could take that long.  shouldn't stop a person from taking questions to their ps though.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024