Author Topic: Post Op - Dr. Lo  (Read 2916 times)

Offline joebob

I'm now one day post op after surgery with Dr. Lo in Philadelphia.  He made incisions in the armpits and the bottom half of my nipples.  All I can say is WOW.  I never imagine I would have a chest this flat.  

Bruising is very dark on the left near the armpit incision, but not elsewhere.  I'm still a little uneven thanks to swelling, but  as of right now I am not concerned.  He did use drains which I despise.  If that's the price to pay for a better result, then really what's 3-4 days with drains on worth?

Save for the drains and a little bit of a sore throat from the breathing tube during anesthesia, I don't feel bad at all.  

Will update again when the drains are out and again when I have decent "after" photos to share in contrast to the "before" we took last week.

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
Sounds pretty normal thus far, keep us posted.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline rich19007

• Posting Member
My doctor did the same thing, incisions in the arm pit and bottom of nipple.  I have not seen it yet because i was told  not to remove the bandages, the doctor would remove the bandages.  I have bandages and a compression vest that have not come off at all yet.  I did, however notice that I now have what looks like hanging skin at both of my underarms where the incision was made.  I hope it is just swelled up or something because it is ugly and I do not want it to stay that way.  Is that the same type of thing with you?

Also, pre-op he said he would proably use drains, but when I woke up after the surgery I was told he did not use drains after all because I did not need them, so I just hope he knows what he is doing.  I am from the Philadelhia area also, by the way.  I did not hear of Dr. Lo until after I had the surgery, but my PCP told me the doctor I used was supposed to be really good, although you can be good at one thing and not so good at another.  I used Dr. Lam from Bucks County Plastic surgery and I am hoping when the bandages come off, everything is ok.  I also read somehting about massaging which my doc never mentioned. 

Offline rich19007

• Posting Member
How is your recovery this far?  I am 3 weeks post op and everything is looking good.  I was even back in the gym today, although I did very light stuff and nothing whatsoever with the chest.  I still have the compression vest but bought a compression T-shirt and compression tank top.  I tried Under Armour but it was not enough support and I was sore, so I went back to the vest. I am happy and the sagging skin under the underarm tightened up as well.  How was having the drains removed?  My surgeon originally planned on using drains but decided I did not need them when he was operating.  I am so happy I had this done.  I can not wai tot be all healed up and running aournd with my shirt off for the first time in my life.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024