Author Topic: is it gynecomastia or just fat?  (Read 4112 times)

Offline jazz21

I just watched the programme on bbc3, I was terrified I had no clue there was an actual condition and I'm worried about it. Anyway I'd really appreciate your help if you can possibly tell me if I have it or if it's just fat.

I'm 17, 5'10, 190 pounds so I'm hopeful it's just fat because I am techincally overweight

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/8669/61449943bu3.jpg
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/8875/68880022uk3.jpg

Offline rick

i recon if u lost weight you would be ok mate. not the case for me am affraid, wish it were tho.

Offline Bolognianips

• Silver Member
I would say yes, they seem a little too round to be just fat.  Can you feel any glandular tissue?

Offline jazz21

what is it meant to feel like?  All I really feel when they're not tensed up is like a fat/spongy feeling.

Offline jazz21

any more opinions? I'd really appreciate it. Oh also I saw my gp today and he examined me and said he could find some breast tissue but said both female and male have it but he said that they were quite enlarged and booked me for a blood test to check for horomone leves etc. Would this test prove/find if I actually have gynecomastia or is it not that accurate? He seemed really helpful I thought he wouldn't know anything about it but turns out he knew quite alot and talked to me about the NHS and that to get it through them I would have to have some reasonable reason why I want surgery if I have the condition  that is. Anyway please comment/ give me advice I'd really appreciate it, thanks

Offline jazz21

Offline Jamama

• Posting Member
Lose some fat and then see where you are at.  Even if you got the surgery, you still wouldnt look good overall.

Then you'll know for sure.

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
Losing weight would help a little but would certainly not make the gyne disappear. Try and see first and then decide.

Offline ihatemymanboobs

• Posting Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024