Author Topic: New and Maybe Oldest Here, Check Me Out  (Read 4261 times)

Offline AtomicDog

Gentlemen:

I'm 58 years old.   I'm in need of your opinions on my suspected gynecomastia.  My body mass index is a 31, however.

Here is a link to my pictures:

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/allentwoods/

Would appreciate your comments please.

AtomicDog

Offline Hux

• Bronze Member
It's possible that's from high bodyfat & may not be true gyne. You shoudl drop a few lbs & see if there are any changes. If not I don't think there's any upper age limit on surgery.

more than a few pounds..
try dropping like 30-50 imo

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I'm 58 years old.

Paa_Paw has you beat dude....  He's 70.  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline AtomicDog

Who's Paa_Paw?  Where are his pictures, pray tell?

Dog

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
Who's Paa_Paw?  Where are his pictures, pray tell?
don't know about pics, but his profile link is
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=4143

It's possible that's from high bodyfat & may not be true gyne. You shoudl drop a few lbs & see if there are any changes. If not I don't think there's any upper age limit on surgery.
based on the pics, i think it's the real deal, enlarged areolas, plus a little of the shape factor.  senior onset happens, a hormones thing same as young-onset. 

sorry to extend the welcome. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline AtomicDog

Paa_Paw is only 37 according to his profile.  Don't know where the 70 comes from.  But, that's beside the point.  I can't believe the old age thing since my testosterone level is 7.0 in a normal range of 2.5 to 8.0.  But it could be old age too.

I'll try losing some weight and see what I look like then.

Thanks to all who replied.

AtomicDog

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Paa_Paw is only 37 according to his profile.  Don't know where the 70 comes from.

Gynecomastia is a family trait.

I was looking for an information source for one of my grandsons when I found this site.

When I was younger, the surgical methods were quite crude compared to what is being done today so I did not persue surgery.

The surgical methods which are now in use have only been around for about 20 years and I will soon be 70.

I was surprised that surgery has become the first choice of so many people. I really was looking for coping strategies to help my grandson rather than surgery.

It seems odd to me that perfectly normal people are getting surgery so they will look like some artificially contrived version of perfection. I think it is almost perverse.

I don't know where 37 comes from...

Have never seen pics of Paa_Paw...

GB

cody sockeye

Isn't gyne something common in older folk?

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
I can't believe the old age thing since my testosterone level is 7.0 in a normal range of 2.5 to 8.0.  But it could be old age too.

Don’t be deceived just by a high testosterone level.  The level of Oestradiol is equally as important.  It is the balance of these 2 hormones that really matters.

In a healthy male the vast majority of our oestradiol is produced by our bodies converting testosterone to oestradiol.  As for old age?  Yes that can be a factor.  As we grow older the balance of oestradiol to testosterone in our bodies shifts in favour of the oestradiol.  That imbalance is the cause for glandular gyne, so it is a common condition in older men.

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline AtomicDog

Thank you.  I didn't know about the Oestradiol.  Believe it or not, I was a very fit "old man" a few months ago.  The young guys in the gym could not believe that I was 58.   They thought I was in my early 40s.  I haven't worked out regularly in about 10 months.  I've been stuffing myself with carbs because I felt so skinny and malnourished.  You see I have had a health problem.

What would you do if you were me?  Would you consult an endocronologist?  I don't know if I have a glandular problem.  It feels like fat to me.  My interist doesn't know for sure.  And secondly, if you don't mind, how do you find a good PS, say, in Iowa?

I wouldn't even consider surgery if the "root cause" can't be addressed.

To ALL, thanks for your comments.

DOG

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024