Author Topic: question for Doc Bermant and Jacobs and any others  (Read 2563 times)

Offline adam5605

• Posting Member
Hi  i ahd surgery 2 weeks ago, the areola skin when relaxed is kind of saggy, does this sort itself out ? many doctors say wait 6 months but do they usually sort out? im 26 bythe way also can exercise help the saggy areola or will exercise just work the muscles around it? thanks

Offline Santos05

• Posting Member
Good, day im new to this site, and i was just wondering its been 4 days after my surgery, and in my opinion my chest looks awesome.. but what are some good foods to eat, and ways to make the healing process a lot faster, like managing the swelling, or bruises. ???
Santos

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Best to follow the recommendations of your own surgeon.  Many surgeons have slightly different post op regimens -- undoubtedly determined by their own past teachings and experiences.  What is important is to adhere as best possible -- what counts is the final result, not the road by which you traveled to that result.

In my personal experience, limiting strenuous physical activities for 3 weeks or more AND wearing a continuous and very snug compression garment are two very important things to remember.

As for diet, remember, you just had surgery.  In order to heal, your body needs some extra protein (in any form) as well as some extra vitamin C and zinc.

Bruising may be minimal or major -- but assuming it doesn't harbor a true collection of blood, it is harmless and will disappear in time.  Bruising is very individual -- the same surgeon using the same techniques will end up with virtually no bruising in some patients and lots of bruising in others.

The use of arnica cream (available in health stores) may be helpful in reducing bruising and swelling.  Apply it only to intact skin -- not to the wounds themselves.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

DrBermant

Hi  i ahd surgery 2 weeks ago, the areola skin when relaxed is kind of saggy, does this sort itself out ? many doctors say wait 6 months but do they usually sort out? im 26 bythe way also can exercise help the saggy areola or will exercise just work the muscles around it? thanks

2 weeks can be very early after surgery with some techniques.

Posting Standard Pictures to Evaluate Loose Skin on a Male Chest can help other better understand your concerns.

Loose Skin on A Male Chest comes in many different degrees. Options depend on many factors but involve compromises of scars for excision of excess skin. 

How well skin shrinks after removing mass behind it can vary greatly as shown by the two balloon examples on that link.  For my techniques, most of the change occurs in the operating room.  There can be some further shrinkage over time after surgery.  Building muscle mass can be one way of filling up a loose skin envelope.  However, it is very difficult to maintain such large muscles throughout their lives.

Such issues are best discussed with the doctor more familiar with the original problem and what was done.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024