Author Topic: What should i do?  (Read 2557 times)

Offline Danielson

• Posting Member
Im 19 and around 7 months ago i started developing puffy nipples or gyno. I've been working out 4 times a week over the past two years and have never came into contact with steroids. Due to my lack of energy i decided to try a Testosterone Booster from GNC, it worked quite well and nothing seemed to be going wrong. I only used the booster for around a month and then stopped, 4 months later i started noticing that i was developing a lump under my nipple which has made it stick out around a quarter of an inch.

My nipples are not sensitive but once in awhile they itch a little bit. I'm not sure if the Booster would've been the cause of this because of the time frame that elapsed before any noticeable symptoms appeared.

What should i be seeking to do? I showed my doctor but he was unconcerned because the lump under my nipples are not easy for him to detect.

Thanks. 

Offline McGilli

• Silver Member
I can only offer what I have read here - and hopefully others will chime in.

If that booster caused it - and you stopped taking it pretty fast - it will more than likely go away.

If it is caused by hormone levels in your body - it still could go away over time. I read here from the surgeons that usually 3 years - if you still have them after that long they will be permanent.

But - let others share also. I'm pretty new here.

Offline Danielson

• Posting Member
I can only offer what I have read here - and hopefully others will chime in.

If that booster caused it - and you stopped taking it pretty fast - it will more than likely go away.

If it is caused by hormone levels in your body - it still could go away over time. I read here from the surgeons that usually 3 years - if you still have them after that long they will be permanent.

But - let others share also. I'm pretty new here.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah i could wait it out, but i rather not go through surgery in the future if it does stay. I was wondering if i should be pushing to see an Endocrinologist or to get my estrogen levels checked? Although I'm not to sure if they would find anything that would help my situation. If they do find an imbalance or higher than normal estrogen is their a possibility that they can correct it?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
From your description and the time sequence, it would seem quite possible that your hormone booster ultimately resulted in the growth of some gyne.  Best it to stop all supplements and just watch. Usually hormone tests will come back normal -- but you can have them done just to cover all bases.  Would not go out and try to buy anti-estrogens or estrogen blockers on the net -- it is a fools errand.  If it is small and it does not bother you, then just live with it.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024