Author Topic: Sleeping post-surgery  (Read 1903 times)

Offline Jacobi

• Posting Member
Since I'm having my op end of this month, I'm trying to plan for the recovery. I've made myself unavailable for work the two weeks following the op (should I take more time off?), and have now been practicing how to sleep on my back, and I vaguely recall this being the ideal sleeping position for the recovery, but from years of side-long sleeping, this has proven difficult.

Am I correct in assuming that sleeping on my back is the best position for post-op healing?

Thanks,

Jacobi

Offline jazzer

• Posting Member
If you have tubes it will be a little hard sleeping on your side. I tried a combination, partially on my side and back, but it was uncomfortable to say the least. As far as what is the best position for post-op healing I assume the back position would be best.

Offline Leeroy von Jenkins

• Posting Member
I've been sleeping on a couch at a slight angle to prevent me from rolling over, I naturally end up on my side of on my stomach. I'm assuming this also helps with drainage.

Offline jimbob356

• Posting Member
Grab yourself an 'L' shape pillow, or even better two of them. I'm currently useing them in bed to keep me on my back and at a slight upright angle. There about  £10 or $15.

Offline TheTimeIsNigh

• Posting Member
Sleep on your back.... This is what I did.. My mattress has handles on the sides.. so I took two belts (same type of belt) and attached one to each side.. I simply buckle myself in at night on my back.. I make it tight enough so that i'm unable to roll over.. It works quite well..

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024