Author Topic: Surgery Completed Earlier Today, 15 Years old  (Read 2125 times)

Offline drosef

• Posting Member
Just got home a few hours ago. The surgery went very well.

The surgery went as follows. Arrive at 9:30 Am. Waited for an hour until around 10:15. At this point a nurse came, got me changed, and checked my vitals. I also asked her for lidocaine/Emla cream for my hand, which I would recommend doing.

After this I waited in the waiting room for another hour or so. At 12:15 I went to the operation area. I sat and waited for five mins until an anaesthesiologist came and talked to me. He asked a few general questions and we went over to the operating room.

At this point I was ridiculously nervous, kind of wanting to back out. I sat in the operation bed, the doctor prepped me by drawing lines and putting a heart and blood pressure monitor on me, as well as a few random stickers. Then the anesthisia doctor came in and gave me the I.V needle, which I literally didn't feel at all. This was due to the lidocaine cream. Please ask for this, it works wonders.

Anyways, he gave me oxygen mask and turned the I.V on. He said wait sixty seconds, but it was like 7 or 10 seconds tops. No pain whatsoever during pre-op period.

Post-op: I woke up and had a little trouble breathing, but no big deal. She gave me some ice pieces and I felt better. They kept me in recovery for 40 mins. After this they moved me to my room for around two hours. They gave me 10 somethings of morphine and 1 pain pill, I forgot the name.

The pain was minimal, even before the pain. Just a tightness kind of feeling. Now im home and there's a little more pain but I took a tylenol three and it's back to a little bit but hey, can't be too picky. Plus, it's very manageable, I've had worse from falling and stuff so don't worry about that. Right now I still haven't seen what it looks like but I will see it for the first time on tuesday and let you guys know how it is.

If anyone wants to know anything about how it went, just ask me.

Offline Pharmaecopia

• Posting Member
Good for you! I'm scheduled to get mine this month. You have any before and after pics? Those usually help with peoples (my) anxiety.

Offline Mesa

• Posting Member
Who was your Doctor? How are your results now?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024