Author Topic: Surgery done by Mr levick 26th Feb 2014  (Read 6898 times)

Offline ian89

• Silver Member
After fighting staying awake after surgery, I now can't sleep so will start my thread off.

Had gyne for many years, I (stupidly) went to Poland 9years ago to my huge regret as they just messed everything up.it really did knock me back and it's took years to try again.

So Levick was my choice, consultation on Monday and he really does put you at ease, shows lots of photos of results and also of his surgery technique and tools used, and size of glands he can pull through such a small cut. He explains how, like women, we have a milk duct that goes to back of nipple(obviously non functioning!) that he cuts out as this is main reason for puffy nipples. He also says he takes everything out unlike other surgeons that think some has to stay for shape.

Coming in from the side and not the nipple means he can run his hand over the entire peck hunting out any small lumps of gland or fat, if he came in via the nipple it wouldn't be as easy. He had his gyne done in USA apparently, his was done via armpits but was just fat not gland so when he came back he wanted to see if he could get the gland as well through the pit as his surgeon said it couldn't, well he's proved very much it can be done.

I was lucky and they had a cancellation for two days later so I jumped at the chance.

Arrived and my experience is same as everyone else, staff amazing. Levick what a character, made me laugh and smile all the way, keeps on telling you how he's going to "fix" you so get ready for summer.

No pain as cannula goes in then the magic juices are put in, I remember feeling dizzy and saying to the nurse "I'm going, night night" then just seeing her smile then I was awake again. Legs being pumped with a machine for circulation and a dedicated to me nurse to monitor my revival. I kept going in and out of sleep then they rolled me back to my lovely room.

Unlike others though I was and am in bit of pain and discomfort but painkillers help loads, its just this compression bandage so tight, digging into my armpits. No pain no gain and all that.

Levick came to see me with his little, oldish digital camera and showed me photos of before then, drumroll as he said, showed me the donut apptly named "burger" shot. Now its only a small screen but my god he took loads out, he said he was surprised how much was there, look at donuts thread and his burger PIC and mine are the big Mac to his cheeky 99p burger.

So I'm now sat with sky premier movies on, window open as its so hot in here, and well and truely happy. I'm so flat through this compression bandage I think he must of took my pec muscles out aswell. Obviously time will tell, I am dreading 7days and taking the bandage off and seeing my new chest but I'm sure that will change in next few days.

Levick really has a passion for helping you rid yourself of this infliction, I know it's how he makes a living but you can honestly see in his face how he will do everything he can to get you the best results, worth every single penny.

Photos, I suppose I will post when I get them and then my after shots as it will hopefully encourage people with more enlarged gyne to compare, as most recent pics I've seen are more moderate (appreciate any gyne is extreme to the person with it so not trying to take anything away from them).

Any questions just ask, I'm sure I've covered most though.

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
Hey Ian -  first to welcome you the 'the other side'  :)

Look forward to following your progress and seeing your 'burger shot' - sounds like its going to be pretty impressive!!

I actually had a McD's this afternoon, and all I could see was that photo of me on the operating table!!  lol. Think it will be a while before I have another one, which is no bad thing of course!

I agree with you about Mr Levick: of course it is his job and so on, but you can always tell when someone has a genuine passion for what they do, and they are the ones who always excel. I'm popping in to see him next week again as still think there is some fluid around right nip he can syringe out as it doesn't seem to want to dissipate on its own.

Get guzzling the pineapple, bromelain, Vit C, and take lots of pics regularly - it really helps to see progress *is* happening, when you're a bit down because your mind plays tricks when you look in the mirror and convince yourself that nothing is happening

Offline ian89

• Silver Member
Thanks Jamie, I'm so pleased to be done and now officially on the road to recovery. When Levick retires I just hope one of his minions can take the reigns and continue his method for many more people. He said he had surgeons in with him showing them his technique but assured me only his hands would do any work on me as his are the best, so maybe he is making a retirement plan.

Will update as I go along this new road.

Offline darkmagician

• Bronze Member
Welcome aboard the recovery band wagon Ian. You will have no regrets! The compression tube is a nightmare i know, i actually had cuts under my pits where it had dug in. The only thing you can do is deal with it haha. Best of luck for recovery, although i'm sure you won't need any!

Offline ian89

• Silver Member
Thanks DM. I am struggling with it but as you say i've got to deal with it, so uncomfortable though.

Anyway here is my "burger shot" Not sure of the weight i forgot to ask but look at it all...

Offline ian89

• Silver Member
Day 2.

I am planning a ceremonial burning of this compression bandage when I can finally take it off. It is truely a horrible uncomfortable thing to wear, sure most of my pains are caused by it digging in here and there, especially into armpits.

Had a fiddle with it yesterday to try and get it sitting better and had a peak down it to see a very flat chest so that helps remember why I'm going through this. Sleeping on my back has never been my favourite option so I'm not sleeping the best at moment either but its only been a day and a half since surgery.

Offline djrix187

• Posting Member
I had my surgery one day after yours. Today is the day after my surgery. (Day 1)

Offline ian89

• Silver Member
So your now out the priory and home or on your way home now?

Are you experiencing the same as me with the bandage?

Congrats anyway

Offline djrix187

• Posting Member
I had mine with Karidis yesterday and left the hospital on the same day at 5PM. The compression vest seems ok while I'm laying down, its not really poking in to my arm pits or anything too much, its bearable for now.

Offline ian89

• Silver Member
Ah I see, you've probably got a proper compression vest on that I change to in 7days.

A valuable bit of info for anyone, is take the dressing off from your armpit cuts the next day, it turns out most my pain moving my arms etc was from the loads of sticky tape put on pulling at my skin n cut, I feel so much better and they have closed fine. Obviously if they weep I'll re-dress but for now I'm letting the air in.

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
Hey Ian, your 'burger shot' sure beats mine!  lol

Same with me - the worst bit by far was the discomfort under arms due to compression bandage, but it has to me done and there isn't really any other option.  I thoroughly recommend buying a compression (or very tight) t-shirt to wear under the vest when you get to the 7 day changeover point; by then I had a lot of swelling under arms that may have been caused by the compression tube perhaps, or maybe it was because that bit wasnt compressed (which would just go to show how effective it was over the rest of my chest which hardly swelled at all) - anyway, I found wearing a T made a massive comfort improvement as is compressed the swollen underarm area nicely and avoided the arm holes of the vest digging in to that already swollen area.

Very pleased to hear Mr Levick is passing on his technique - I had a chat with him and said I couldn't understand why every surgeon in the land didnt copy him!

Offline qazwsxedcrfvtgb

• Posting Member
Hey Ian, like you and Jamie i've also recently had the gyne op with Mr Levick.I'm 10 days post op and just at the start of the scar tissue phase. I will post a pic of my 'burger shot' for comparison when I manage to find it.
For sleeping the first 7 days I found a small pillow under the back helps well. Good luck anyway.

Offline ian89

• Silver Member
Hey qaz, hope your recovery is going well, i have took every size pillow i can find around the house to try different ideas tonight to get comfy, i will succeed.

Jamie, yeah i said my burgers were big!! I am having exactly the same as you with swollen under arms, and where the compression bandage isn't compressing, be glad when compression vest is on to compress the swelling. As with most people with gyne i have a draw with quite a few Nike compression tops etc, so i will use your advise and put on under the macom vest.

Day 3.

What a difference a day makes, my movement is improving and not having any short stabbing pain on my chest at all now. Temptation to just undo this bandage to have a look is growing massively, i had a really good look down today and flat as a pancake except nipples that are really creased in but it's what i expected from seeing Donut's and others pics, caused by this bandage. I am going to take photos on the 7th day, then post my before and after as i realise how much help it is to others seeing them, i know they were for me.

Is there anybody due for surgery soon? It does seem quiet on here.

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
Glad to hear its going well - you're pretty much halfway done with the bandage, time flies really doesn't it?

I've been taking pics, just been to busy lately to get them sorted out and posted, but will do soon.

Offline ian89

• Silver Member
Time indeed does fly, still can't believe it's all done sometimes.

Day 4.

Bruising is all over my chest and it's already going yellow as it's healing. Messing with pillows last night meant i got a better nights sleep, it really isn't anything more for me than i just can't sleep on my back for long times, so nothing to do with this bandage.

I couldn't resist again today and pulled the bandage down to just past my nipples, didn't unvelcro it as i knew i would never get it as tight as they get it at surgery, and i'm still waiting for my macom vests to be delivered so wouldn't be able to slap one of them on if all else failed. It was amazing to see, i have such a flat chest, and i actually watched as my nipples "grew" out of the creases caused by the bandage in just a couple of minutes.

Looking forward to Wednesday and having a proper wash and a shower and seeing my new chest. Probably won't update until then now as there really isn't much going to happen apart from less bruising and more movement. Be nice to add the before and after pics for some comments.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024