Author Topic: What if  your son had it?  (Read 4174 times)

Offline puffynips0-

• Bronze Member
You said "mild" case.  I'd wait it out too.

If he had a severe case, I would pay for the operation if it is what he wanted, even at that young age.  

Offline Badgene

• Silver Member
A lot of social traumatizing can occur in just those 2 or 3 years of mid teen high school days....

If the money really wont hurt you too much I would have a serious discussion with him in the direction of going through with the procedure. Then do it and give him a fair chance. Explain to him to stay healthy, if he has a weight problem it could be good incentive to stay healthy afterwards in the hope that more fat doesn’t build up there again if I know what I'm talking about which most certainly not but it comes straight from the heart anyway. Give him a chance to be normal if he asks for one.

Offline tammyvivi

• Posting Member
  • I am my son's advocate.
rdrons,

I encourage you to talk with your parents.  When my son came to me I was so happy he had the courage to come forward about a sensitive condition that he had been agonizing over for a couple of years.  I also didn't know how to bring it up to him without him becoming more sensitive about it.  If your parents are the least bit sentitive to your feelings they will take you to the doctor and begin the process of finding out more about your condition and what can be done about it.  

I wish you luck.  Please continue to use this board for information and education, I have found it to be invaluble in my quest for my sons happiness. :)

Offline csham

• Posting Member
I'm going through it right now as well, im 15, and as the last person posted "im doing lots of push ups and sit ups". does working the muscles near the tissue/fat/gland help it go away or does building the muscle just make them stick out more? Also, my brother had the surgery but you can still tell he had it because of the scars that go all the way around each nipple. are scars like that very probable when you have this surgery?

thanks guys

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
While weight loss will diminish the size of the breasts in an obese person,  It will not usually make the go away.

There is no credible evidence that any exercise program will cause Gynecomastia to diminish.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024