Author Topic: NHS Gyno Surgery  (Read 1868 times)

Offline sean1987

Hi there, I'm a UK based male and my surgery date has been set for Tuesday. I have been able to get the NHS to do this for me as I have suffered with gyno under one of my nipples since puberty. What I wanted to know is whether the NHS service would be as good as those that you would pay for? I'm naturally worried that I may be left an even more unsightly chest than before. Also I have been told that I may lose sensation in my nipple; will this effect how my nipple changes size in the cold? Ie will my left nipple contract and will my right be left its normal size when cold?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Offline thetodd

Right, i just typed out a really long winded post and noticed you are booked in for Tuesday so really you dont have much time in terms of research.

So this is what you need to do

- Get the surgeons name, look on google and see if there is anything on here about him

- ask to look at some of his Pre/posts ops

- Find out exactly what procedure you are getting, whether you are having lipo and excision, or just lipo

The NHS is a mixed bag really as far as plastic surgery goes, there are some really good surgeons and some not so good. You've done really well to get approved for surgery, you just need to make sure you know exactly what your getting dont be scared to ask questions its your body.
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline ahnuld

• Posting Member
Had my first gyno surgery via the NHS - Didn't do a great job. Although, I'm grateful - He certainly didn't butcher me. Just either didn't take enough of the gland out in the first place or it just grew back straight away. The incision scar they left under my nipple wasn't the nicest looking thing either. It came away from the edge of my nipple onto the normal coloured skin next to it. As the above poster said though, it's pot luck. Depends who you get

My 2nd surgery privately didn't go much better mind you. but that wasn't the fault of the surgeon so much.(Although I disagree with hard massage recommendations so soon after surgery!!) I got a massive haematoma and am now left with a huge scar under my nipple which looks like terrible gyno.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024