Author Topic: Just started getting big  (Read 4068 times)

Offline woodchuck

• Posting Member
Hey guys. I am a 21 years old college student. I have had gynecomastia since I was in 8th grade. At first they were really tender and I had to wear an undershirt (still do) to make them less noticable. I was told by my doctor that they would most likely go away. They never did. I asked another doctor ( a female) and she acted like it was no big deal. Anyway. Recently, I started weight lifting, and taking protein powder and also creatine powder. I have made large gains in my arms and chest, but the gyne is still there, one of my nipples has more gyne in it than the other. The problem is, I want to get big in the gym and improve my body, but because of the gyne, people might think I use steroids. It's damned if I do and damned if I don't work out. Either way, I have the gyne. I was just looking for suggestions/support from you guys. Thanks.

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
Welcome aboard!! Sounds like a classic case of gyne. Let me just tell you, as you can see from this site, you are not alone. Allot of men suffer from this. Some accept it, some don't, it's how you feel about it inside. If you've had it since 8th grade, most likely its not going away. Chest workouts will not improve it, if anything it will look worse because the muscle will push the gyne out further. See a plastic surgeon and find out your option. If you don't have the money, most plastic surgeons accept care credit for these procedures. This is what i did. I'd rather owe money to some company then have to go through the torture of having gyne. Im 32 and just got the surgery. It's never too late. I couldn't take it anymore. The only reason I got the surgery is because I found this forum and knew I wasn't alone. I had gynecomastia, which is condition. I thought I was weird, but I'm not. I was right, something was different about my chest. Good luck, everyone here on this forum can help you with any questions.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
GP's don't have a clue about gyne, so they'll say things like "it's no big deal" or "lose some weight" or "work out your chest".  The two types of doctors who can help a gyne sufferer are endocrynologists and plastic surgeons.  The endo for detecting hormone imbalances that may have caused it, and the PS for getting rid of it. 

Gyneman's quote:
"The only reason I got the surgery is because I found this forum and knew I wasn't alone. I had gynecomastia, which is condition. I thought I was weird, but I'm not. I was right, something was different about my chest."

That's my story as well, except I was 42 before I made the discovery.  I'm sure most of us who had surgery can identify with gyneman's statement.
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024