Author Topic: Scar Tissue or Gland? Where do I go from here?  (Read 4892 times)

Offline Feliks

• Posting Member
First week after surgery my chest was completely flat. After some weeks the nipples started getting puffy again and it has just started getting worse ever since, Im 1 month post-op. When I consulted my plastic surgeon about this he felt my chest and said it was just blood gathering.

My gyne was pretty mild in the first place. However my lump(s) was far bigger on my right chest than my left chest. So what the plastic surgeon did was that he made an inscision on the right side and lipoed both sides, he did not cut the left side. My right chest is still somewhat tender and the big lump under there is most likely just scar tissue (I presume) I feel somewhat confident that he might have gotten everything out there when both cutting and sucking. However, my left side has gotten all it feelings back and its not tender anylonger, but under my nipple there I feel a more tiny lump. Could that be the gyne he failed to suck out or could that be scar tissue also? I dont know what to believe because the whole subject makes my head hurt. After reading this board most of you also say that it is unlikely that they will get a lump out by just lipoing, even if its just a little one.

Should I trust my plastic surgeon (who most likely dont even know much about the condition) or should I seek out other doctors opinions aswell? I wont go another summer not feeling good about my chest, so would it be likely to get another surgery within a 4 motnhs period? Considering im only 1 month post-op atm?

Offline Feliks

• Posting Member
Im gonna try and fix some pictures soon aswell. Might be easier for you to tell then.

Offline Dul11246

• Posting Member
Its incredible how similar our stories are.  Im 5 weeks post-op. had a large gland removed from the right side, very small one from the left.  Chest was flat for a few days, now I feel another lump under ther right side! Im panicing, I cannot stand another year with this, or having to do another surgery!  My plastic surgeon was HIGHLY recommended, so I have to believe him...but i dont see him again until the 12th of this month...

Offline Feliks

• Posting Member
Its incredible how similar our stories are.  Im 5 weeks post-op. had a large gland removed from the right side, very small one from the left.  Chest was flat for a few days, now I feel another lump under ther right side! Im panicing, I cannot stand another year with this, or having to do another surgery!  My plastic surgeon was HIGHLY recommended, so I have to believe him...but i dont see him again until the 12th of this month...

Let me know how his response is. I dont see mine untill the 28th this month.

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
  • Gyne transformed me into a living dead.
i have lumps too and im 45 days post op. it looks like this is normal...
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did...

Dr Benjamin Herbosa's Contact Info (Dr Benny)

Offline Dul11246

• Posting Member
After my appointment on the 12th, Ill be sure to post my surgeons response for you guys.

Offline Dul11246

• Posting Member
Hey guys, sorry it took me so long to respond about my appointment on the 12th.  However, I do not return with good news about lumps this late after surgery.  I will be going in for a second surgery on the 19th of December.  My surgeon is one of the most highly recommended in Rhode Island and he has admitted to missing some of the glandular tissue.  Apparently it is possible to form lumps of scar tissue, however if the tissue you are feeling in your chest is hard (like the tissue that was removed to begin with) you most likely have remaining tissue that will not go away on its own.  This sucks, and its very depressing to have to do this again but everything will work out in the end, and the Dr. is paying for the surgery. -Ben

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024