Author Topic: Re: should i remove chest hair before surgery?  (Read 3371 times)

ross12387

they removed some, but not all chest hair as i was sleeping. also some armpit hair.

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
i didn't ask my doc and he didn't say anything about it. did you guys remove any chest hair you might have? i have some...not like a gorilla but like a normal guy i guess. should i remove it? i heard that vest is super-itchy and i know if i shave it and it starts growing back, it'll itch like crap, too. so that would be a double-dose of the itchies.  :-/

you can see my nip area perfectly so i'm hoping maybe i can just leave it alone. whatcha' think?

Offline harmon570

• Posting Member
my surgery was wednesday.my doc shaved me. did not want me to do it in case i cut myself. if they shave you the day of surgery there is not enough time for bacteria to get in and start a small infection.
good luck

Offline The Real Deal

• Posting Member
  • Click below for my before and after shots!
Let them shave you where they need to.
You said it yourself; believe me you don’t need the itch of hair growing back combined with steri-strips and your compression vest.
Save the full shave for after it’s all healed up and your bandages are long gone.
Then you can enjoy you new look.
"The Real Deal" knows how you feel!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Pre-Op shaving is not necessary dude.

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
the vest is bad enough. you really dont want a shaved chest underneath it itching like crazy.
if they shave you so be it, but dont go looking to get shaved.
... and the saga continues

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
had my surgery 1st thing this morning. when the doc came in to make the markings, he told me he would shave a little area right around the nipple and leave the rest alone.  :) and that's what he did.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024