Author Topic: Average surgical cost.  (Read 2924 times)

Offline Aim

• Posting Member
Hey, I heard the average price of surgery in Ontario was $1200 after OHIP came in. I wanted to know if I could get confirmation. Anybody get a deal cheaper?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Not sure about other doctors, but Dr. Fielding's fee is currently about $1600. He will give you a bit of a break if you are a student however.

JCF charged me $1280. But then, that was almost 8 months ago. JCF is steadily increasing his fee. Last November, I read a post here that a guy was charged $800 by Fielding. JCF's fee has doubled in less than a year!

If you are considering surgery with JCF, I suggest that you do it soon to avoid escallating fees.

John.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 03:32:20 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
I have read nearly every thread on this site and from what I gather, Dr. Fielding is the cheapest.  His rates may be on the rise (my cost was $1605..but then again, my moobs were in the moderate to severe range).  If you're paying less then $2000 (Canadian $) then you've done good.  Plus, Fielding knows what he's doing.  

Offline fishy

• Posting Member
  • The second mice gets the cheese!
Dr. Lista is $5000 flat fee!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Dr. Lista is $5000 flat fee!

Dr. Lista performs the proceedure at his clinic and not in a hospital. For this reason, OHIP does not cover any of the fee.

John.

Offline brownman

• Gold Member
you can get a student rate with fielding

mine was 1070 but i had seen him on september 13th or so others have gotten around 1284 with the student rate

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024