Author Topic: ED from ED  (Read 483 times)

Offline Dudewithboobs

• Bronze Member
In the last year my ED issues has become more frequent than ever. To a point my wife often will ask if it’s going to work before we try to entertain the idea. Between that and loss of libido sex, has become a thing of the past it seems. I have tried the pills and changes in diet and exercises claimed to boost blood flow and testosterone. Taken supplements that are good for this area supposedly and nothing seems to work. And when it does work it’s usually a day that doesn’t work for us to engage in things. 

I was curious if anyone else has issues in this area of estrogen dominance and e dysfunction. Has there been anything that works for you? In our 30s it kind of sucks to think at least in the moment the bedroom is not a room to go to except to sleep lately. Curious if anyone else cares to share any remedy’s they found. 

Offline 42CSurprise!

I really appreciate you raising this subject because it is probably the one that men least want to talk about.  We'll talk about our conquests but not about those moments when things aren't working.  Of course, you're a young person with a wife, so this subject has a bit more poignancy for you than for an old man like me who isn't in an intimate relationship.  I will say, as I said before, that my libido got up and went some time ago.  It was really only in retrospect that I put the pieces together and realized diminishing testosterone that allowed estrogen to have its way with my chest, also reduced the size of my penis and turned it into little more than a urine delivery appendage.  Yes, there are occasional flutters when given enough visual or mental stimulation but there really is no there there.  I've never tried drugs and when I suggested testosterone supplementation my doctor recommended against it.  But as a man living alone, I am under no obligation to satisfy a partner.  I understand, of course, that there are many ways to satisfy a partner and not all of them require a workable erection... but... coming to that requires some very intimate conversations.  That is another thing few men do well.  I hope you and your wife are able to find means to keep intimacy alive and well.

So reduced libido, diminishing hair on legs and arms, breasts growing on my chest and curves coming to my body, as well as a much more open and relaxed attitude to life... all point to estrogen having her way with this body/mind.  I've no intention to do battle with Mother Nature... so here I am, talking with other men about my favorite brassiere...

Offline WPW717

• Silver Member
Libido lost was easy to spot here. The rapidity of onset was remarkable. With MD’s at the helm the trials of pharmaceutical remedies failed completely. Even as the amounts were tripled. The wife is 12 years younger and was perimenopausal at the time.
As you said, 42, not all intimacy requires a working stiffie. Those conversations took place and were lighthearted. I am a very lucky man to be with her for the past 36 years. As the hormonal ship rights itself here we know it’ll never be the same as it was. The ‘ uncut eunuch’ status is here to stay. We just move ahead with the understanding that it is the stage and age of life for us. The key to success is again exploring alternatives and the acceptance of the facts once the landscape is mapped clearly. That can be a lot of work for us all. I wish everyone well in that endeavor. The peace and calm of arriving to that place is worth the effort, partnered or not.

The exploration of alternative paths to intimacy can be fun, it was for us. It does take courage and resolve, so hang in there, DwB.
Regards, Bob

Offline Dudewithboobs

• Bronze Member
Thanks 42! I know it's a topic that is tough to talk about sometimes. Not everyone has an issue there. Some guys with gynecomastia have DD's and are still able to function like they're in their prime, others barlely budding and can't get anything to work. Estrogen dominance effects us all differently and to a severity different from the next. 
Wife and I use things to spice things up and it works/helps but to a degree. Not going to discuss such things on an open forum here but we have explored other things. 

Thanks WPW and am glad you are blessed to have been married for such a duration of time and with milestones and hiccups all seems to have been a great relationship together. I'm happy to hear that. 

The thing that hits me most odd with ED is how "numb" things feel. Unsure if loss of feeling goes with loss of libido and other things but it's just been odd. 

Offline Johndoe1

Atrophy is another thing that is a sign of low T/elevated E men don't want to talk about either. I have heard nurses say that if they need to do a catheterization on a man with atrophy, they will use the female catheter because it works better for the patient. 
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Dudewithboobs

• Bronze Member
Interesting, I can see why, but don't think I have that issue. It's definitely smaller, but from what I understand it never actually "shrinks" just appears to due to lack of stretching from ED and whatever. But can imagine if general shrinkage like when it's cold and such is more permanent as a result of ED and depending how retracted it becomes, alternatives like that may be more equipped to get the job done. 

Offline 42CSurprise!

Atrophy is another thing that is a sign of low T/elevated E men don't want to talk about either. I have heard nurses say that if they need to do a catheterization on a man with atrophy, they will use the female catheter because it works better for the patient.
That term definitely applies... atrophy... AND it has contributed to my decision to sit down when I pee rather than stand up.  I eliminate "accidents" that way.  I always marveled at how my former wife went through toilet paper... now I understand.  

Offline Dudewithboobs

• Bronze Member
Sitting has been something I've done for years. My wife would complain about splashing and spots that I wouldn't notice on the floor. I just figured sitting would be easier and give me a moment to just relax for a few. 

Offline taxmapper

So I am the odd man out. 

My libido is quite strong, but also different. 
I wont peruse some of it here, but what is weird is that when i do get "urges" there is a much deeper aspect to it and one that isn't fulfilled with a simple quicky. 

I also feel other things that are just as strange and weird that I cannot fully explain. Just that they are there. 

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
Sitting has been something I've done for years. My wife would complain about splashing and spots that I wouldn't notice on the floor. I just figured sitting would be easier and give me a moment to just relax for a few.
I'm on the other side of the spectrum in that 'sitting' has been my only option my entire life. I tried a urinal once our of curiosity and peed all over myself. 
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
My libido is quite strong, but I don't really have the equipment needed. I used to joke with my wife that we were in a lesbian relationship.

Toys are basically the only option. 🙄

Offline Johndoe1

That term definitely applies... atrophy... AND it has contributed to my decision to sit down when I pee rather than stand up.  I eliminate "accidents" that way.  I always marveled at how my former wife went through toilet paper... now I understand. 
I admit I too find sitting to pee is preferable to standing. But it's still nice to still have the option to stand even if it's become not as convenient as it once was. 

Offline Dudewithboobs

• Bronze Member
I feel joking about the inadequacies for lack of better word, is almost necessary to relieve any tension that otherwise may be there. I've been well aware of how dissatisfied I've left partners in the bedroom and it's nothing new to me. I'm not quite average but good enough. But my endurance is what always got me. Lasting at best maybe a few seconds unless I pause or go slow to a point where what are we even doing here lol 

When my wife and I got married, we waited to engage in things. Wedding night, couldn't perform. Next day and days after were fine but only lasting a couple seconds. It got to a point we'd make jokes about what song to listen to cause we'll be done before it's over so let's listen to something good. She's always been sweet and loving about it and never seemed to care overall. But in the beginning she did tell me she wishes we did things before marriage so she'd been better prepared for how her bedroom life was going to end up like. 

Offline Dudewithboobs

• Bronze Member
I admit I too find sitting to pee is preferable to standing. But it's still nice to still have the option to stand even if it's become not as convenient as it once was.
Definitely nice to have the option lol. If I'm at a hockey game not much chance I'm sitting on a toilet in a stadium lol it's one area I look at women and go that's gotta be tough cause if it were me I'd probably just adult diaper the evening than risk sitting on those lol

Offline mgr

• Bronze Member
I can confirm, for me, that atrophy is a real thing.  Prostate removal 12 years ago for cancer.  For medical reasons that I approved prior to surgery, they had to severe the nerves to get my prostate out (a lot of detail to write here), which left me completely unable to get any sort of erection at all.  6 years prior I lost one of my testes from a bad reaction to a vasectomy and then lost the second one 6 years ago.  Then length has shortened some, but the only thing left is the urethra and the head. There is not muscle or other tissue there.  It almost just disappears when I put my underwear on and especially so when I lay on my back.  

Nothing worked, so we stopped trying to get it to work.  

The one positive it that it is quite comfortable not having anything between my legs, especially when it is hot outside and I am out golfing.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024