Author Topic: surgery techniques  (Read 2666 times)

Offline pr220

hello. i am new here but not new to gynecomastia.
have had this for over a decade and need to get it taken care of
but i convince myself that working out will reduce the problem.
obviously this is not the case. i am now seriously looking into surgery.
i am very glad the cost will be $0 for excision.
but, with all do respect, i am not impressed with the results i have seen from the surgeons in the country.
the most impressive surgeon i have seen would be dr. bermant from VA.
however since he does not practice in canada and is retiring in a few months the price of excision would be more than i'd be willing to pay.
i guess the reason i'm writing this is because gauging from the video bermant has posted on youtube it seems like he is doing things that the other surgeons i've seen aren't.
for example:
youtu.be/vMa191lubzM
in this video, you'll notice he makes a very small incision (much smaller than any other surgeon i've seen) BELOW the areola that would prevent any skin discoloration from scarring.
secondly, at 3:32 in the video, you'll notice he uses fat flaps the fill the void behind the nipple from the removal of the gland and then at 4:20 he sutures the fat flaps to the areola to prevent any cratering.
the results at 12:19 on speak for themselves.
that is by far the most natural-looking post-op result i have seen.
now, getting to point of this post:
would it be possible to show a fielding or a lista these videos and ask if surgery can be performed in as close a fashion as possible?
considering they probably make a large portion of their living performing this surgery, i'm curious if anyone knows if they view these forums?
would it be asking too much to try to "give advice" to these surgeons in an effort to improve your own results? (especially when it's a free surgery...)
because i just don't know if i want to take the gamble and anything less than the results in that video doesn't seem worth it to me.

DrBermant

hello. i am new here but not new to gynecomastia.
have had this for over a decade and need to get it taken care of
but i convince myself that working out will reduce the problem.
obviously this is not the case. i am now seriously looking into surgery.
i am very glad the cost will be $0 for excision.
but, with all do respect, i am not impressed with the results i have seen from the surgeons in the country.
the most impressive surgeon i have seen would be dr. bermant from VA.
however since he does not practice in canada and is retiring in a few months the price of excision would be more than i'd be willing to pay.
i guess the reason i'm writing this is because gauging from the video bermant has posted on youtube it seems like he is doing things that the other surgeons i've seen aren't.
for example:
Youtube (link removed per site policy)
in this video, you'll notice he makes a very small incision (much smaller than any other surgeon i've seen) BELOW the areola that would prevent any skin discoloration from scarring.
secondly, at 3:32 in the video, you'll notice he uses fat flaps the fill the void behind the nipple from the removal of the gland and then at 4:20 he sutures the fat flaps to the areola to prevent any cratering.
the results at 12:19 on speak for themselves.
that is by far the most natural-looking post-op result i have seen.
now, getting to point of this post:
would it be possible to show a fielding or a lista these videos and ask if surgery can be performed in as close a fashion as possible?
considering they probably make a large portion of their living performing this surgery, i'm curious if anyone knows if they view these forums?
would it be asking too much to try to "give advice" to these surgeons in an effort to improve your own results? (especially when it's a free surgery...)
because i just don't know if i want to take the gamble and anything less than the results in that video doesn't seem worth it to me.

Thank you for your kind words about my technique. Where you found it, the video is naked and missing the much greater information that I can discuss when that movie is seen on my site proper. What I like about Youtube is that it gets around the mess of overcoming video format for different computers, operating systems, and around the world. It is a real mess having to put several different formats up there to manage different devices.

That video is one of many that can be found on my site and resources. What is interesting is that my technique has had seven years of improvement since that video from 2004. That is the issue about a technique constantly being critically evaluated and refined. That incision is large compared to my now typical 1.6cm incision. The bruising and swelling have improved a little since then and I rarely need some of the instruments I was using back then. Newer video documentation now also includes the emotional component which adds power beyond the dynamic and path taken.

I have been showing such refinements about my surgery for quite some time and more impotently the critical analysis tools of standard pictures, videos looking more than just the animation of tissues, but also what path the tissue takes to get there. This documentation and analysis is what made me many years ago abandon the literature's liposuction first and targeting the gland first instead. The documentation of the complications like craters, puffy nipple complications, and adhesion are there more than just for patients to see, but also surgeons. Proof of technique, in my opinion requires much more than 1 or two views to show a problem and results. The animation and path to get there are critical. Over the years, I have had many surgeons stop me at meetings, call me, email me complimenting about the methodology and results.

One of the most proud awards I was given by the Plastic Surgery Education Foundation is listed in our yearly society directory and in each of our annual society meetings book. Before getting that award, there had been only 30 other plastic surgeons so named for the many years that it had been given. Almost all were surgeons I emulated during my career or personal mentors. To be so included in such company has been simply humbling. The really neat thing was, though during the presentation in front of all of these power Plastic Surgeons at what ever executive meeting was the comments of the presenter commenting about my website saying something like: if you do not already know about my web resources, check them out not for just the public, but also Plastic Surgeon education. So, yes, this education effort has been a passion of mine for quite some time and I am proud to have been so recognized for this work.

Yes, I am retiring and there are still open times not yet filled before retirement. Although I do not operate in Canada, so many have traveled from there and around the world who prefer my methods over the years. Beyond the end of my practice, I am still in the process of evolving tools to see the technique and methods of surgery continue to evolve. Tools to better understand documentation of problems, results, and videos demonstrating evolved technology have been added and are continuing to be added. I have been building organic tools so that others can contribute to the advancement of this documentation, techniques, and analysis. Perhaps you will be able to help in this evolution and building better results beyond what I have achieved so far. This is the issue for real methods, is that they continue to get better, not just in words, but real documentation with pictures and videos.

I have noted that since joining the forum, the entire field of gynecomastia contouring has been improving. Merle and I were discussing that very point just before he sold the site. Campaigns and passions I have been perusing are being picked up by others. Using the search function of this forum and selecting oldest post first becomes revealing with some current advice actually almost being what I said word for word.

Thank you again for your kind comments about my results and methods. Good luck on your contouring education and possible surgery wherever.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.

Offline pr220

dr. bermant, i sent you an email.
please check your inbox.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024