Author Topic: Moderate Alcohol Use and Gyne  (Read 2933 times)

Offline MSJ108

Anyone know of any reports or personal experience of moderate alcohol use causing gyne?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Alcohol increases estrogen count...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Alcohol is highly toxic to the liver and to the testes as well. A small amount of Estrogen is normal for men. It does not usually become a problem because it is normally neutralized by the liver.

So, in a toxic condition, the liver has a reduced capacity to function and the Estrogen level goes up. At the same time, the Testosterone level falls because of the effects upon the testes. A double whammy!

Now the situation gets to be highly personal. Some people do not seem to be greatly effected in spite of frequent and long term alcohol consumption. Others have significant effects resulting from occasional binges.

How lucky do you feel?

In spite of the above, You'd have some difficulty making the case against alcohol for a person who has an occasional glass of wine with dinner and does not drink to the point of intoxication.

The latter case is my definition of a moderate drinker. If your definition would include the personal who occasionally binges, He could be making a problem for himself.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 01:09:50 AM by Paa_Paw »
Grandpa Dan

Offline MSJ108

Thanks guys! I am not a drinker. However, had a night out with some buddies a couple weeks back and hit the booze hard. It was probably in my head but my nips looked a bit puffy the next morning.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
It could have been all in your head, or it could have been a warning.

There is a rather strong chance of it being the latter.

Again, "How Lucky do you feel."

Offline MSJ108

It could have been all in your head, or it could have been a warning.

There is a rather strong chance of it being the latter.

Again, "How Lucky do you feel."

I hear you man. I am not a drinker so I won't really worry about it. Either way, your body doesn't like alcohol much as you feel like garbage the next day.

Offline CAVA

• Posting Member
I was a heavy drinker.. I know that made it way worse...however i stopped drinking alcohol more because of my diet..i diddnt know it made my gynecomastia worse till recently..so i made a pledge to myself that ama stop drinking..specially after my surgery..wont have a beer at all again..whiskey or vodka i mite...one drink or two..at most..every couple of months..but thats bout it..n that is if i really miss it in the future..but the past year i only drank like 7 or 8 times..they were all heavy drinking thou..at least 10 or more beer each night.. :-(

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024