Author Topic: Nipple crease .... post op  (Read 4054 times)

Offline adam5605

• Posting Member
Hi guys just had surgery about a week now with Levick .  i noticed one of my nipple is creased especially when sitting down.

Is this normal? i know its still early but does this usually sort itself out?

Offline superduty

• Posting Member
Not normal.  Some on this board will tell you that it will go away.  On me personally, it did NOT go away.  I did alot of searches here for crease, crater, and fold.  I have probably read every thread here on the subjects.  I didnt do a scientific analysis, but I would say for most ppl there was little to no improvement of creases, folds and craters.  Once you see those "problems" post surgery they seem to stick around, and not magically go away.  I hope your situation is different and you heal perfect!

DrBermant

Hi guys just had surgery about a week now with Levick .  i noticed one of my nipple is creased especially when sitting down.

Is this normal? i know its still early but does this usually sort itself out?
1 week can be very early after surgery with some techniques.

Posting Standard After Gynecomastia Pictures can help other better understand your concerns.

How Soon Do You See Results After Gynecomastia Surgery depends on many factors, we tend to see instant results for my patients.  However, I prefer to optimize Healing After My Male Chest Surgery such that early results are possible.

A "crease" in the areola after surgery can be from many possible issues. When there is a great deal of extra areola skin shrinking during surgery, some patients can have a temporary slight fold that resolves over time.  For my patients, I have now added some areola strapping / support with tape to help minimize that issue when it seems to develop during surgery. That way the problem never starts and we start out with a nice flat areola.  I have also seen Male Inverted Nipples from both primary gynecomastia and also as small versions of a Crater Deformity After Gynecomastia Surgery by other surgeons.  I have been able to repair such deformities with revision surgery when there are sufficient local tissue resources.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024