Author Topic: Is "Acceptance" the right word?  (Read 3918 times)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I was sitting here typing and realized that every time I typed in the word Gynecomastia it was highlighted as a misspelled word. I have been in communication with this site for years and I have never told my spell checker to accept the word "Gynecomastia." Thinking further,  I realized that I rarely ever use shortened forms of the word, such as "Gyne." Using the shortened form would be like using a first name of nickname and I'm not truly that friendly with the condition so I use the more formal full name. This is curious.

With these thoughts in mind, I ask myself if I have truly accepted the condition. I guess that would depend upon how the word "Accepted" is defined.

There are many viewpoints, and certainly one is no more valid than another. I think I tend more to tolerate my breasts rather than accept them. The breasts can be erotic so I can see why some enjoy them even though I've not often had those kinds of feelings myself. While I am musing on this line, it might be interesting to learn how others relate to their breasts.  What single word best describes how you feel about your breasts?

We already have Acceptance, I have added Tolerance, What terms would you add?
Grandpa Dan

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
Live with, deal with, succomb to....

I guess tolerate is best.  I agree completely, accept isn't the best word to use for most.

I was sitting here typing and realized that every time I typed in the word Gynecomastia it was highlighted as a misspelled word. I have been in communication with this site for years and I have never told my spell checker to accept the word "Gynecomastia." Thinking further,  I realized that I rarely ever use shortened forms of the word, such as "Gyne." Using the shortened form would be like using a first name of nickname and I'm not truly that friendly with the condition so I use the more formal full name. This is curious.

With these thoughts in mind, I ask myself if I have truly accepted the condition. I guess that would depend upon how the word "Accepted" is defined.

There are many viewpoints, and certainly one is no more valid than another. I think I tend more to tolerate my breasts rather than accept them. The breasts can be erotic so I can see why some enjoy them even though I've not often had those kinds of feelings myself. While I am musing on this line, it might be interesting to learn how others relate to their breasts.  What single word best describes how you feel about your breasts?

We already have Acceptance, I have added Tolerance, What terms would you add?

Offline WishmasterK

• Global Moderator
  • Bronze Member

Offline gotgyne

Meanwhile I enjoy my breasts too. But it needed some years to reach this point.

John
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024