Author Topic: My surgery experience: gland removal + liposuction (Poland)  (Read 10149 times)

Offline Doodle

• Posting Member
Link to my post-op pictures!: http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=21534.0

Hey guys,

I have been living with Gynecomastia since about the age of 11, read more about my pre-op case here (pictures included):
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=21264.msg144237#msg144237

The 26th of august i traveled to - in Poland, to a clinic called ''-'', read more about the clinic here:

On the 27th i had my surgery, in this thread i will do my best to keep you guys up to date as detailed as i can, as i share my surgery experience with you.

Pre-op contact:

I have been looking for an experienced, trustworthy and affordable surgeon to preform the task for a while, after reading some very positive stories about - (on this forum, and others), I decided to contact them via email.

All of the email contact i had was with Jeremy Clark, who is the British agent of the clinic, and also happens to be the husband of the surgeon. I had a lot of questions for him and to all he replied very adequately and straight forward. He always replied within a few hours and the contact was very personal. (unlike some of the automated emails i received from other clinics)

I finally decided to jump trough the ring of fire and just go for it, as i felt very comfortable with the clinic. Before i knew it i had booked the operation for the 27th of august. (i initiated contact with the clinic on the 29th of july)

Travel to the clinic (-, Poland):

I traveled by train to Berlin (high speed connection from the Netherlands), the return ticket cost me about 150 euros, but if you wont book it one day ahead like i did, it can easily cost you way less. (my roommates recently payed 70 euros for return tickets to Berlin) One tip though, at first i was planning on returning back home the day after the surgery, but later on decided to extend my stay with 3 days. As i already had booked my return ticket, i had to spend another 88 euros to get a new train ticket back. So my tip would be, instead if your 100% sure of the time you will be staying, just book a single ticket and book the return when you are there. (you can access a computer with Internet at the clinic)

I got out at the Berlin Ostbahnhof train station, where Jeremy Clark had arranged a minibus to take me straight to -. The minibus arrived at Berlin Ostbahnhof at about 21:20, but i was already there at about 19:30. So i just walked around a bit and got myself something to eat. (the train station is pretty big, and there are a lot of shops and fast food places like subway etc where you can get a bite to eat)

The minibus arrived at 21:20 sharp, just like Jeremy told me, the driver had a name with my list on it, all i had to do was pay him 10 euros. It was a very comfortable taxi service, there were about 10 people in the van but it was very spacious. It was like a 2 hour drive from Berlin to -. The minibus brought us straight to the central station, where there where plenty of taxi's waiting, i had one take me to my hotel for 20 polish zl (which translates into like 5 euros)

The stay (Atrium hotel):

The hotel was arranged by Jeremy as well, they get a discount at that hotel for their patients. I payed the stay together with the deposit i transfered earlier. It was a very big room in a 4 star hotel, i had some fun jumping on the big ass bed haha. The staff of the hotel speak English fairly well, the breakfast is very good, all in all a very nice hotel to stay at. The rooms have big flat screens with various international channels like BBC and CNN, also some movie channels which play movies all day long, some are narrated polish but you can still make out the English underneath, some movies are just subtitled polish. I watched some clint eastwood westerns, american history x, the twilight zone and some other sweet flicks haha. All in all a great hotel to stay and rest from the operation.

D-Day (the operation):

Ok so i was picked up by Jeremy himself at my hotel at around 9am in order to get some blood tests done and have an ultrasound to determine the size of the gland. As i mentioned in my old thread, i already went to the hospital here in the Netherlands to have it checked out, they said they only saw fat and couldn't spot any gland (not even with an ultrasound).

I always knew there was a gland there, and ow behold, after getting the ultrasound before the operation they determined that there was a gland of 5 centimeters in diameter and 1cm in depth. How can you miss that?

After the blood tests and the ultrasound i took a taxi back to my hotel, i had to wait until about 14:45, for then i would be picked up at my hotel again by a taxi that would take me to the clinic. However, i booked the hotel for 1 night, which meant i had to check out at 12:00, either that, or prolong my stay. Because i wasn't aware of this they gave me an extra hour to pack up my stuff and get out, and so i did, i walked into the town and bought a sweater at a pretty cool little skate-shop downtown, and i walked around a bit. At around 13:30 i walked back to my hotel where the taxi was already waiting when i arrived. It took me straight to the clinic.

When i got there i had my consultation, asked some questions, saw some post-op pictures and signed the paperwork. And before i knew it i was lying on the operation table in my underpants, I remember the anesthetist telling me that she would start giving me the drip. I told her how i felt like i just chugged 7 beers, i also added ''...and maybe some whiskey'' and then i passed out haha, only thing i remember is waking up directly after that (almost seemed like i didnt sleep at all, i remember telling the surgeon to wait because i wasnt asleep yet, but she was allready done haha)

They took me to my room where i slept trough the rest of the day, the nurses there are very kind and skillfull, and talk enough english to get around. I got some food and some drinks and they came in every now and then to check my drains.

more to come

« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 12:29:56 PM by Doodle »

Offline Celts

• Bronze Member
Im intrigued!  More info please! :)

How long do you have to stay there after surgery guys?  Id hope to be able to leave the next day is that possible?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:11:38 PM by Forum Adm »

Offline dannyboy740

• Posting Member
dr deadlift/doodle, where did you get your stitches taken out...GP, hospital?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:11:53 PM by Forum Adm »

Offline dannyboy740

• Posting Member
What sort of compression vest do they give you? And how long have you been reccomended to wear it for?
Oh and what's the city like where you had the surgery/stayed?
Cheers
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:12:04 PM by Forum Adm »

Offline BullsEye

• Posting Member
i'm wondering what's the reason moderator deletes posts/topics about -? Is it because it's one poster with multiple accounts or something similar. Dodgy indeed! This has definitely put me off - for good.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:17:01 PM by Forum Adm »

Offline Celts

• Bronze Member
i'm wondering what's the reason moderator deletes posts/topics about -? Is it because it's one poster with multiple accounts or something similar. Dodgy indeed! This has definitely put me off - for good.

Something funny is going on,  were did dr.deadlifts account of his surgery dissapear to!!?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:17:48 PM by Forum Adm »

Offline Doodle

• Posting Member
ow lol, sorry if i gave anyone the impression that im somesort of dual accounting - advertiser, ive been out of town for a few days thats all, i guess dreadlifts posts are removed because this is my surgery experience, not his (not that i mind but oh well)

ill update my post later today after dinner, and i will add 1 week post op pictures, after i have my stitches taken out tommorow.

cheers guys
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:18:14 PM by Forum Adm »

Offline drdeadlift

• Posting Member

Don't be put off mate, my account is 100% genuine. The moderator made a mistake thinking it was an advertisment, but the site owner Merle has approved the account as genuine. I was pretty pissed because i spent like 4 hours writing it up and practically got DVT from doing it!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:19:03 PM by Forum Adm »

Offline dannyboy740

• Posting Member
Any more updates Doodle?
How was the rest of your stay and any post op pics,etc
Cheers

Offline Doodle

• Posting Member

Offline drdeadlift

• Posting Member
Hey man, thanks for the update. Looking good ! Similar to me at 2 weeks.

How is the scar tissue? Have you developed much?

Also, is that gauze on your nipples? Or adhesive strips?

Offline Doodle

• Posting Member
Whatsup man, do you have any pics up aswell? im very curious!

the scar tissue is moderate, it used to be very hard lumps especially under the nipple area, but i have been wearing the compression band super tight over the past week and everything is smoothing out nicely. Even though i haven't massaged my chest for 1 hour a day as the surgeon advised, especially the first week it was just too sensitive, not in a painful way, but more in a way of me being afraid of doing damage to the tissue or opening up the stitches.

Even now i am still too cautious to massage the tissue thoroughly to be honest, but so far it has been healing well and everything is taking shape. The first day after the op my chest was flat as a wooden plank, and my nipples where still very big, and everything was swollen, i had no idea what to expect, but things are looking very good now if i say so myself!

And ye its the gauze the clinic gave me, i reapply it everytime i use the lipohep spray after a shower, i keep them on to protect the nipples from the compression vest, perhaps im just a little bit paranoid i dunno ;)

Offline drdeadlift

• Posting Member
Hey man, I posted an account with some 2 week post op pics, I really need to add more!

I've been massaging mine for around 45 mins per day, but still even now it is quite tender to touch, i find doing the massage with the palm of my hand a bit easier. I haven't been able to massage my right one for about 1 week now because the incision site opened up very very slightly, I think i was too rough with the massage lol, but it has pretty much closed now so all is good.

I found that gauze stuff really helped with the scabs etc, I put a new one on every day as well, then a non woven swab on top of the gauze, then the compression vest :) I was probably being paranoid!

I have just finished my lipohep stuff today, went through two bottles of the stuff lol, it really helped with swelling and didn't get an haematoma so it looks like it worked!

I have hard scar tissue right along the incision on my left nipple, I'm hoping it goes away over the next month, but all is looking good so far.

I will update my account with some new pics tomorrow :)

Offline drdeadlift

• Posting Member
Hey Pal, how are you getting on? Any updates?

Offline Doodle

• Posting Member
Hey man,

doing good, no pain, encisions are healing pretty ok, have some swelling (especially under my right side) no more bruising, and the scar tisseu is toning down aswell,

im still wearing the compression binder 24/7 while the swelling is still there
here is a 1 month postop pic

what do you guys think?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024