Author Topic: puffy nipples after surgery  (Read 2463 times)

Offline jamescampbell

I am 22 and have finally had the procedure that is known as micro-liposuction.  Its been a month since my surgery and my chest is harder than before, as most of the fat has gone.  However my nipples are still a little puffy which makes them still not look the way I want them too. Can anyone advise why this is the case and how I can improve this.

Thanks

Offline gyneco_1001

• Bronze Member
You should've done ur research bud... almost all puffy nipple cases require liposuction ALONG WITH gland excision... from what you're describing, if only lipo was done then the gland is still prominent behind the areola and causing your nipples to puff... and no matter how often you get lipo, it'll have a tendency to come back unless you get the gland excised.

DrBermant

I am 22 and have finally had the procedure that is known as micro-liposuction.  Its been a month since my surgery and my chest is harder than before, as most of the fat has gone.  However my nipples are still a little puffy which makes them still not look the way I want them too. Can anyone advise why this is the case and how I can improve this.

Thanks

At one month with some techniques, tissues may yet still be swollen and evolve. Tissues need to heal before considering options.

Micro-cannula Liposuction is a fine tool for refined fat removal. It does not manage gland elements. Liposuction done first tends to dig a hole for the gland by targeting fat. Gland left behind can be a disfiguring element of the Puffy Nipple Complication After Gynecomastia Surgery. Revision surgery can manage many variations of this problem when there are sufficient remaining resources.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

Offline jamescampbell

That's really annoying! You are right, I should have done more research into it. I was just so excited about it going away.  I am seeing my surgeon in a couple of weeks so will see if he can correct this for me.  My condition is better, I can now wear shirts without being to conscious of it looking like I have boobs but I think the puffy nipple thing is something I want done also.  I was wondering how expensive just the puffy nipple excision is? Is it the same price as Lipo would have been? Also is it as routine as the liposuction would have been?  Doctors or anyone whose had this surgery, please offer insight?

Thanks
James

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024