Author Topic: Be very careful!  (Read 11050 times)

Offline Foxgunner

So after reading some of the accounts on here posted by other members I started to do my own research into some of the recommendations posted here.

First of all - katarzyna Ostrowski-Clark

- On polish sites, there has been some poor feedback from other poles that this surgeon is not qualified in any form of cosmetic or plastic surgery and only has experience in general surgery.

- A search on the European Register of Plastic Surgeons returned no results for this surgeon

- Their website is of poor quality and design and even though they have a registered domain they choose to use a transient email address such as hotmail, google, yahoo, which means any communication you have cannot be associated with the clinic in the event of a legal challenge.

- The name of this surgeon when entered into google reveals many postings on social sites where anyone can post, this is link dumping and causes them to appear higher on search engines because keywords are used over and over again, such as in the threads on here where the posters continuously use the surgeons name.

- the majority of forum posts both on this site and other sites are similar and highly detailed but make no mention of the surgeons qualifications or surgical background, the emphasis is on how good it was and how cheap it was.

- there are sites out there which are used to pay people to write posts like this and in my opinion this appears to be the case here.

Dr Adam Kalecinski

The same applies to this surgeon also as the above, claims are made that his surgery has appeared in British national press but the links relate to community sites where anyone can post.

Do your research

- if a representative uses a transient email such as hotmail, google, yahoo when they have a registered domain, this should set alarm bells off.

- do searches of the surgeons names online and use google translate to read information about them, it's quite surprising!

- check the European Register of Plastic Surgeons, EURAPS, ESPRAS and EUSAS. If the surgeon is not registered then this should ring alarm bells.

- do read other forums and check the credibility of the poster, having 50+ posts on a forum doesn't mean these are genuine people. Research into what they are saying and their claims.

Whilst there are good surgeons out there, there are many that will try to capitalise on the cheaper cost that lures Brits to Europe for surgery, but regulation of this industry varies wildly.

You cannot put a cost on your health and you will worsen your situation should you get a botched job to which you will have little recourse.

Stay safe lads and take everything you read with a pinch of salt and DO YOUR RESEARCH!

Offline jakeyboy08

• Silver Member
    • https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=22534.0
The only thing i would like to comment on this post is that i know someone who has actually been to see the first of surgens.
The result have been very good.
I have read posts on her of people going to local surgeons in england and having extreemly bad results.

I will be going to the first surgeon in april and let you know what i personally think of the whole experience.

Thanks for the post.

Jake
GYNECOMASTIA FREE SINCE: 11/04/2011

TO VIEW MY EXPERIENCE OF SURGERY WITH BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES PLEASE USE THE LINK BELOW

Offline jakeyboy08

• Silver Member
Also just to add i did find a profile about the surgeon:

Dr. Katarzyna Ostrowska-Clark

Work Experience: Professional experience:

postgraduate internship - Southmead Hospital, Bristol - United Kingdom, 109 Military Hospital postgraduate internship Szczecin - Southmead Hospital, Bristol - United Kingdom, 109 Military Hospital, Szczecin

work in the Department of General Surgery, 109 Military Hospital, Szczecin work in the Department of General Surgery, 109 Military Hospital, Szczecin, Poland

6 years worker II, Department of General Surgery and Transplantation PAM 6 years worker II, Department of General Surgery and Transplantation PAM

GMC GMC Registration 2004 Registration 2004

one-year contract as a general surgeon at the Causeway Hospital, Coleraine - UK one-year contract as a general surgeon at the Causeway Hospital, Coleraine - UK

Working as a senior assistant in the Department of General Surgery, 109 Military Hospital Working as a senior assistant in the Department of General Surgery, 109 Military Hospital

nearly 9 years in Private Practice Plastic Surgery Center nearly nine years in Private Practice Plastic Surgery Center

participation in numerous courses and congresses in the field of general surgery and plastic surgery participations in numerous courses and congresses in the field of general surgery and plastic surgery

Offline mart

• Silver Member
You booked up then Jake? I'm booked up for May.

Foxgunner, i did my research before i booked, i have been in contact with actual people who have been to the clinic i am going to (3 to be precise) and they all are extremely happy with the results and that is good enough for me.
But thanks for your post it is very informative and an absolute must read for people who are considering surgery abroad. You MUST do your research and not rush into it.

Mart.

Offline jakeyboy08

• Silver Member
Yes mart april for me, Good stuff have you booked everything?

I did the same as mart and no someone who has been and is very happy with the results.
Also i couldnt personally care if she works in a supermarket if the results are as good as ive seen then im not turning it down and going to and over priced british surgeon.

This isnt a dig at you foxgunner but you yourself only have 1 post, we dont know if your a surgeon trying to stear people away.

To some it up, im gratefull for your infomation you have provided, i have also done my research and am still going i will create a post with before and after photo's once all complete.

Jake

Offline mart

• Silver Member
Yes Jake everything is booked up paid deposit, hotel fees and my flights. I'll be flying from Bristol. It's a shame we couldn't of gone together as discussed but i'm happy that we will both be getting the surgery we want soon.

Do a write up mate and let us know how it went etc and all the best mate.

Mart.

Offline jakeyboy08

• Silver Member
Good, what hotel are you staying in? what did you think of this post? also i couldnt of gone in may due to work april was the only time i could go.

Jake

Offline mart

• Silver Member
Same here May was the only time i was able to go due to work etc. Staying in the Atrium mate. Not too bothered about this post as i have been in touch with people who have actually been there and had the surgery done and they are happy with the results so like i say thats good enough for me. Like you said above this could well be a surgeon putting people off travelling there. Who knows, but we both have peace of mind of knowing people who have been there and thats all that matters.

Mart.

Offline Celts

• Bronze Member
Im going here too!  A guy on a uk bodybuilding forum where i post went here in the last few weeks, he posted results were great, shes a perfectionist, and only 1 person stays at the clinic at a time, so its all one to one.

Hes not a troll either because he's been on the forum since 2006, he did say he only had gland removal though.  I'll need lipo most likley too.

Offline jakeyboy08

• Silver Member
Let me know how it goes mart & celtic, i will start a thread once i have had it done with before and after pictures.

Celts= when are you going?

Foxgunner is yet to reply to our post's?

Jake

Offline mart

• Silver Member
Have you set a date when you are going to get the surgery done? What bodybuilding forum was that? If it wont allow you to put a link on here then pm me. I have also spoken to someone on a bodybuilding forum who has been to the above mentioned clinic and he said the visual results of the surgery were amazing, he only had excision no lipo. I am not trying to tell people to go to the clinic, I will give a detailed write up with lots of pics and you can make your own mind up. The positive stories from people I have spoke to who have been and got the surgery done was enough to convince me this was the place I wanted to get the surgery done. Jake are you booked up? How has your mate healed from his surgery?

Mart.

Offline Celts

• Bronze Member
Guys I really dont have a clue at the moment when I am going, It will be within 6 months, becasue I am finding it hard to get the money together, defo within 6 months, I am working I've just got so many other god damn bills to pay!

The site was muscletalk .co.uk

Offline mart

• Silver Member
Hi Celts

Don't skint yourself out for the surgery mate, just put aside what you can afford to spare each week/month.
It took me a while to save as I have recently bought a house so didn't have much spare cash and only put aside each month what I could afford to. Cheers for the website ill check it out mate.
Good luck with the saving.

Offline tonymontana

• Posting Member
I've just had the surgery and am still in Poland (5 days post op) and all I can say is Foxgunner is talking a load of rubbish, just scaremongering!

They're right in suggesting that you should indeed do research beforehand, but to warn others to stay away if you haven't had surgery with any of them is completely ridiculous. It's like a virgin telling people to not have sex as there could be risks.

I've written a post on my experience here: https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=22859.0

Tony.

Offline nufc2011

• Posting Member
I'm going here within the next 6 months, it is the only way I can afford the surgery.

I have spoke to numerous people I trust who were happy with the results this lady produced and the service from landing at the airport to getting back on the plane.

The general consensus is that they can't do enough to help you and make sure you are happy/comfortable.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024