Author Topic: Search function, very flaky  (Read 4906 times)

Offline Raven

• Silver Member
I tend to like to go back in someones profile to search for previous posts that a person has done. Especially if they have a similar case as mine etc... Then I can track their progress and concerns etc...
But the problem is, that if you try to search for someones last 10, 50 or all posts, I find that this only works 20% of the time, If that....

Any moderators listening?  ???

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
Yeah the search function could definitely be useful... say you are trying to find info on a PS you are interested in, but nothign has been posted on him for a year.

The search function works terribly... you have to limit your date range to very small intervals in order to get any results, otherwise you will get a server error. I suspect this is a timeout issue... some setting needs to be increased.

Anyway, because of this, the search function is almost completely useless...

mods?

Offline Texan

• Bronze Member
  • Everythings Bigger In Texas
Yeah, all the things involving searches on here seem limited.

Any improvement on this would be a great help mods.
Man Boobs Gone In 3 Weeks.
Hopefully It All Works Out.

DrBermant

I tend to like to go back in someones profile to search for previous posts that a person has done. Especially if they have a similar case as mine etc... Then I can track their progress and concerns etc...
But the problem is, that if you try to search for someones last 10, 50 or all posts, I find that this only works 20% of the time, If that....

Any moderators listening?  ???

This forum's search function has been broken for some time.  Using Google is one good way to seach this forum for patient experiences.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
I asked Simon about this. He says that the problem is that there are to many postings for the software to handle. The only solution is to get rid of the earlier posts. We are considering this option. But that is the trade off.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline merle

• Gold Member
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
We are working on a fix, hopefully you will notice something different this week.

Merle

Offline merle

• Gold Member
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
Simon will be upgrading the boards this weekend. They may be briefly out of  commission.

Merle

DrBermant

This forum's search function has been broken for some time.  Using Google is one good way to seach this forum for patient experiences.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

The search function here seems to be restored.  Thanks to Simon.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024