Author Topic: what I think...  (Read 2231 times)

jb1128

I think the ASK A DOCTOR section should not be called ASK A DOCTOR,I think it should be called ASK A SURGEON ABOUT SURGERY.....I have asked a few medical Questions about Gynecomastia that a DOCTOR should know one answer was answered by saying that,that Question does not belong in that section ,,,,see big and bouncy in the ask a doctor a question section,I mean really if you ask WHY a mans breasts start to swell at some point in the day and stay That way for a few hours then go back down...I am sure that would be a Question to ASK A DOCTOR,or if you ask what kind of effect will having very low testosterone will have on your GYNECOMATIA,SEE HOW BAD IS THIS, I am sure that is a QUESTION to ASK A DOCTOR....so maybe there should be a true ASK A DOCTOR section and a ASK A SURGEON A QUESTION section........

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If you actually address your questions to most Doctors You will recieve the same kind of misinformation that they have been handing out for many decades. Stuff like telling a person weighing less than 130 pounds that it is only fat so they need to redue their weight. Or tellin boys in their teens who have had no change in their breasts in 4 years that It will "Go Away in a couple of years."

The only Doctors that have, as a group, indicated a serious interest in the topic of Gynecomastia are the Cosmetic Surgeons who perform the surgery. I think this is very sad as I for one do not favor surgery as a blanket treatment that suits everyone. There are a small number of Endocrinologists who are very well informed on the subject but they would seem to be in the minority. Good luck finding one.

The originator of this site is a Psychologist, His interest, other than the fact that he had the condition, was from the perspective of a counselor treating young men with diminished sense of self worth. Unfortunately there is only one of him.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024