Author Topic: Finally booked surgery with Dr Clark 4TH JULY - MY STORY  (Read 7667 times)

Offline bloodygyno

• Posting Member
Hey guys,

Today I have finally paid my deposit for surgery with -- in szczesin with Dr Clark. Exciting times.

I am waiting for jeremy to get back to me so i can confirm a date, but i just want this over with now. im in between jobs so this seems like the best time to do it, not waste time and energy with the nhs, i havent had the ebst dealings with them in the past in relation to surgery.

Im excited aswell to see a bit of poland aswell. How long is the recovery in terms of being able to do day to day activities?

I will try and upload some before pictures, then make some sort of diary of my experiences :)

Cant wait to have a flat chest lol

Also this website is such a great help, so much good information and nice support from everyone. Thanks

« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 08:37:49 PM by bloodygyno »

Offline wezzer

• Bronze Member
  • Ain't nobody got time for dat!
Good luck mate! I'm almost two weeks post op and I'm pretty much fine. I started trying to move normally almost straight away. Obviously I didn't strain myself, but I found that moving as normally as possible helped reduce the stiffness and soreness a LOT. By the friday (i had the surgery on the monday) I was moving completely normally. U just gta make sure to not stretch urself too far or lift anything too heavy. Ur body will tell u ur limits tho.

Offline ABgyno

• Posting Member
Good luck mate. I started a new job 2 weeks ago and will have saved up both enough cash and holidays to go by September.

Keep the thread updated with pics, looking forward to seeing how it goes.

Offline bloodygyno

• Posting Member

Offline bloodygyno

• Posting Member

Offline bloodygyno

• Posting Member
and from the side

p.s. the pink room is not mine, its my sisters lol

Offline GazzaD

• Posting Member
Good luck.you will be in safe hands .  :)

Offline El Fauno

• Posting Member
Hey... similar situation to you and have myself just booked flights and paid the deposit to have surgery there.

Good luck to you!

Offline bloodygyno

• Posting Member
Thanks. Thinking of booking for the 4th July. I'm slightly overweight with a bit of a belly. Most of the fat tends to accumulate on my chest or stomach. Is it very bad to have the surgery when u have fat and are a little overweight? Can it affect the results of surgery? I'm thinking because after the surgery I want to start working out, and lose all the fat on my stomach.

also judging by my photos, does mine seem like an extreme case?

Cheers
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 11:09:50 PM by bloodygyno »

Offline GazzaD

• Posting Member
Thanks. Thinking of booking for the 4th July. I'm slightly overweight with a bit of a belly. Most of the fat tends to accumulate on my chest or stomach. Is it very bad to have the surgery when u have fat and are a little overweight? Can it affect the results of surgery? I'm thinking because after the surgery I want to start working out, and lose all the fat on my stomach.

also judging by my photos, does mine seem like an extreme case?

Cheers
Dont Worry About it . from what i can see on the pics you will be fine.
obvious the results would look better if you had been dieting and maybe weight training for a couple months before hand.it would give you some chest muscle and some sort of shape in the chest after surgery instead of just being flat as a pancake. just concentrate on getting the surgery over and done with. and hopefully a speedy recovery . you will feel like a new person when the curse (as i see it)is takin out:). you will have so much more confidence to go out too the gym and lose the weight. you will be in great hands with Dr.Clark shes fantastic :) . good luck

Offline bloodygyno

• Posting Member
thanks mate

im booked for the 4th july. wow its come around so fast, cant believe that after all these years suffering, in 8 days time i will be having surgery.

im a little bit nervous, what with getting it done in poland, what if something goes wrong when i am back in the uk? if there are problems and i need revision surgery, would dr clark normally be willing to do it for free?

cheers

Offline El Fauno

• Posting Member
Stay calm and address all the questions you have to Dr. Clark before the surgery - she will be able to answer them during the consultation from what I have heard. There is no point in getting yourself worried! Try to think of it as a somewhat exciting mission (I am  ;)).

Keep us updated!

Offline GazzaD

• Posting Member
thanks mate

im booked for the 4th july. wow its come around so fast, cant believe that after all these years suffering, in 8 days time i will be having surgery.

im a little bit nervous, what with getting it done in poland, what if something goes wrong when i am back in the uk? if there are problems and i need revision surgery, would dr clark normally be willing to do it for free?

cheers.   

Dr Clark will answer all the questions you have mate,soon as you meet her you will be put at ease I guarantee  :) that said it depends on your gp if he or she will see you back home if you need fluid aspirated or having your stitches out . I just took my discharge letter off dr Clark into my gp and he was fine in treating me if I came across any hurdles so to speak.

Offline bloodygyno

• Posting Member
cool. im flying out on tuesday the 2nd, spend a night and day in berlin as ive never been before. then head down to szczecin on wednesday afternoon (not using the taxi service jeremy has offered).

is there anything specific i need, like gauzes or medication? i havent heard anything from jeremy.

also with the compression vest, should i buy one from macom, bearing in mind one is provided by dr clark. is the one she provides very uncomfortable or is it bearable?

cheers

Offline GazzaD

• Posting Member
That's great congratz .

All the meds you need you will get after op .i recommend buying the whole 24 gauze pads while your ther.cant get em anywhere here lol.

And for the compression . The binder that Dr .Clark provides is ok for a couple days .then it cuts you pieces lol.buy the macom vest it's much better . And also under armour sonic compression .wear the under armour with macom on top and its perfect :).

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024