Author Topic: Post-Op Hematoma/ Seroma? (Possible complication HELP with Pic)  (Read 4012 times)

Offline IslanderSW

• Posting Member
I just had my gyno (under local and just an incision)  taken out from puberty and everything was perfect. However, after I was unwrappend my left side swelled up and is red, tender and feels firm around my nipple. My nipple is also being pushed out from the swelling. I recall the left side bleeding more during the procedure.

I had my Doctor look at it and he drained some blood with a syringe (Not that much the second time) but then I had to fly back to FL from NY. He prescribed me a antibiotic and told me to see a physician to ensure no infection occurs, the swelling should go down and its nothing to worry about.

The incision hasnt closed due to the swelling and still shows blood on my bandaid, anything I could do about this?

Any advice of what I can expect in future, Im a little paranoid, because my right side healed so fast.

Thank you
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 12:03:30 PM by IslanderSW »

Offline greatlakes

• Silver Member
Thats not too bad at all. I had a hematoma last year and it was nasty - and the black/purple areas actually moved down my body as it healed - like a dark cloud over the plains of the great lake states. Yuck. But it healed with no residual issues.

You will be fine if your checking with the doc.

Offline Poobs

• Posting Member
I had a seroma that had to be repeatedly drained for more than 11 weeks. Sometimes it takes a LONG time to stop.

Offline IslanderSW

• Posting Member
Thats not too bad at all. I had a hematoma last year and it was nasty - and the black/purple areas actually moved down my body as it healed - like a dark cloud over the plains of the great lake states. Yuck. But it healed with no residual issues.

You will be fine if your checking with the doc.

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. Did you have any issues with your incision from the swelling? Mine hasnt closed yet due to the size of the swelling, I can feel the hardness behind the chest start to get more jelly-like. Im aware of my impatience, do you recall how long your's took to heal?

At this point I'd prefer to have a dark bruise down to my abs then behind my chest.

Offline greatlakes

• Silver Member
My surgeries in the last year were "key hole" type surgeries so no incision under nipples. The hemmotoma caused severe swelling on one side that took 2-3 weeks to go down. The doc used a needle to drain some.

Offline IslanderSW

• Posting Member
It's officially been 2 weeks and I've seen some minor improvements through the course of the week. I emailed my surgeon my pics and his only response was "he couldn't tell if there was an infection or not and that I should see a G.P. to ensure". So,  I listened and they prescribed me some heavy dose antibiotics due to the blood on the bandaids around my incision that hasnt healed bc of the swelling. As long as things keep moving in the right direction, it'll put my mind to ease.

Offline IslanderSW

• Posting Member
So the swelling is starting to go down and firmness of the hematoma is softening up. My incision has bleeding out old thick blood and today I had a chunk of fatty tissue come out (I can post a pic if anyone really wants to see).  I spoke to my surgeon and he said everything is fine and its a good thing the old blood is coming out. The progress has calmed me down and now Im just going through the healing progress.

Has anyone experience bleeding 2 weeks post op?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024