Author Topic: What good surgeons are there?  (Read 2431 times)

Offline Pufffy

• Posting Member
Can anyone name any really good, well know surgeons for gynecomastia/puffy nipples in Europe?

The only one that seems to be internationally known and talked about on this forum is the one in Poland?
Do I really have to travel to the US to get this done with a real expert?? :/

Offline ms123

• Posting Member
There are a number of posts on here about Dr Levick in the UK, he seems to generally have happy customers.

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
Having heavily researched all the options (and saved up) for several years, I was only prepared to use the very best surgeon available, regardless of cost. It came down to Paul Levick (Birmingham) or Alex Karidis (London) conveniently both in the UK where I live. I would have travelled abroad if I thought there was anyone any better. However, we are lucky in the UK in having two of the very best surgeons in the world at performing this procedure. Both have excellent reputations, importantly with countless examples in the UK section of this forum of people's experiences, with long-term logs with recovery photos etc.

There had been a few stories I'd read of people rushing into surgery in Poland or other places, because it is literally half the price of Levick or Karidis. Some of those people have regretted their decision. In my several years of research I could not find one person who had regretted having surgery by either Levick or Karidis; indeed if you read through the UK forum, you will find those two have corrected several "botched jobs" that have been done on the cheap by others, which is no doubt far more difficult to achieve a good final result from than if they had done the job properly in the first place.

I decided to go with Mr Levick, as I prefered his unique technique of not making any cuts on the chest at all (he makes a tiny cut in each armpit, whereas Karidis makes a cut on the edge of the nipple). Free revision surgery is also offered any time in the future, if it is needed.  

Mr Levick also suffered from this condition himself, so understands the psychological issues that go with it, and is on a "mission" to rid the world of gyne, as he puts it!

Dr. Karidis would have been my second choice without hesitation, his results are also excellent. For me, it was really only preferance of surgical technique that swayed my decision, as the results of both these surgeons speak for themselves.

Surgery with Mr Levick is slightly cheaper (mine cost £3,805 in total), by £300 or so I believe than with Dr. Karidis, but that was also not a factor in my decision at all. Raising the money was hard for me, but the cost was irrelevant: I only wanted what I considered to be the very best. After all, it was my body going under the knife, and I have to live with the results! - if getting the best surgeon meant finding £10,000, I would have waited until I had raised that much.

All of Mr Levick's team, and all staff at the hospital were absolutely wonderful and so friendly and attentive. Could not be faulted in any way. You certainly get what you pay for!  His website is: www [dot] paullevick [dot] co [dot] uk

See my thread (link in signature) if you want to read of my experience and follow progress - with before/after photos. (My surgery was only a few days ago, so not many post-op pics yet).

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024