Author Topic: Bra Fitting - alternative  (Read 5537 times)

Offline lakeannadamps

I was at a scheduled doctor visit and was chatting with the nurse that does the preliminary capture of information. She mentioned that the Cancer Center at the hospital offers bra fitting for all (not just the cancer patients). I pass this on as some members on the board that may be interested.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I would have never thought about that, but what do they have for bras to purchase, or do they?

Offline Busty

Or just go in and get a fitting.  You will be surprised at how easy and reaffirming it is.

aboywithgirls

Or just go in and get a fitting.  You will be surprised at how easy and reaffirming it is.
I couldn't agree more! After trying on 30 + bras when you're done, you will be so glad you did it. If you're like me or even most women who puts on their bra in the morning and wears it till you go to bed, you're gonna want to be comfortable. It's when it all comes together, the right size, the right shape and the "girls " feel good because they are properly supported. So go go out and get fitted.  You'll be glad you did. 

Offline TigerPaws

Several Ladies have taken me bra shopping, the first time was and experience to remember. I have been through 7 separate armed conflicts, wounded more than a couple of times and yet I was a nervous wreck.

Damn alien experience.

Still aboywithgirls is correct, finding several types and styles of bras that fit comfortable was worth the effort.

Anyway; yes you have to try them all on, some suggestions:

1. Don't look in the mirror, close your eyes and let yourself feel if you are comfortable or not.
2. An understanding, compassionate lady that you trust is a must, her opinion and support matters more than you know.
3. Keep a sense of humor about what you are doing, it is difficult to get a comfortable fit and to accept that wearing a bra is now just like putting on your boxers/briefs every day, it is part of your daily attire.
4. Hopefully you and your Lady can have some fun with the fitting, as for my first time the Lady I was dating had an evil streak and gave me a few which were... Uh! Well! Something I would have expected her to wear in order to impress me after a nice evening out.

Oh well life is short so Fly Fast. At least she turned what would have been more of an embarrassing situation into something I can look back on and laugh about.  

hammer

I'll add my 2 cents!

I now call my fitters and order more bras when I need them I'm treated with great respect, it's a great feeling to be comfortable all day!

I had put on some weight after I bought the bras I'm wearing, had to add an extender, with the weight I've lost now I'm on the 2nd hooks without the extender. I called the Beautique that I get my bras from for size advice with the weight lose. They are great ladies, always there for me with bra advice! We decided what to do for now, ordered another bra and wait for another fitting until I need it. I feel comfortable enough to even go without my wife with me now!

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I have only had 2 times where I felt like I was having what my wife says is a panic attack, and like TigerPaws, been through armed combat, more situations that I care to ponder, and 1 was an MRI where I was tied up with both arms for a shoulder scan (I didn't flip, but just needed to get out of the tube, I have never felt like that before), and the second, was the first time I ever was fitted for a bra.  It still brings some internal upset, but I have one Soma store I like and they have good people there.  The Soma nearest me the manager isn't very good to work with, she really acts strange around people.  
And joy, I have an MRI at the VA next week... The other shoulder now....

Offline TigerPaws

I have only had 2 times where I felt like I was having what my wife says is a panic attack, and like TigerPaws, been through armed combat, more situations that I care to ponder, and 1 was an MRI where I was tied up with both arms for a shoulder scan (I didn't flip, but just needed to get out of the tube, I have never felt like that before), and the second, was the first time I ever was fitted for a bra.  It still brings some internal upset, but I have one Soma store I like and they have good people there.  The Soma nearest me the manager isn't very good to work with, she really acts strange around people.  
And joy, I have an MRI at the VA next week... The other shoulder now....
My condolences with going to the VA, my experience was less than acceptable and resulted in years of legal action against them which netted me a substantial settlement. I would have traded all of it for some simple changes to how they do things and an even more outrageous demand.

That their people be held accountable for their actions.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024