Author Topic: Married. Taking a stand and wearing a bra more often  (Read 8517 times)

Offline gsarfin

• Posting Member
I'm happily married and have had slight gyne most of my life. This past year o started growing more, and for the last 6 months or so I'd wear a bra to bed or occasionally around the house. I'm still certainly not huge, but not just puffy nipples either. I want to start wearing a bra at home and more frequently outside of the home. My wife is ok with it BC sheunderstands, but I've got to find some bas that fit well with the right s pport/concealment outside of the house. I mostly wear hanes comfort pullover bras, and they are great around the house, but show under button-up shirts (I never button up all the way). I'd also like advice on something for ts hurts. 

Offline gsarfin

• Posting Member
Autocorrect and site not cooperating with iPhone. Suggestions for support, and concealment under tshirts and button down shirts not buttoned all the way is what I'm looking for. Hanes pullover comfort bras are great for sleeping, but I need something discrete for out and about. 

aboywithgirls

I think that most of us have been where you are at one point in our lives. I've worn a bra since puberty. You definitely want to layer if you're looking to conceal both your breast size and your bra itself. 
I'm wearing a 36G now so there's no hiding my breasts anymore. I come to understand that having breasts and wearing a bra is not the worst thing in the world. 

hammer

I'm a 46H, and all I do is a wear a well made tee shirt 1 size to big! You will be surprised, people are to busy with their own issues to even notice that you might have a bra on!

I sometimes wear an open button down shirt or a vest, but they also serve as a cover for my fire arm too!

aboywithgirls

Precisely right, Hammer. Most people still don't notice. They're not looking for a rack on a guy. But if they do happen to notice, so what.  We are who we are. 

Offline gsarfin

• Posting Member
Hammer, I am a concealed carry permit holder too. I suppose a shoulder holster would give reason if anyone noticed the straps. I generally iwb strong side carry, but have a shoulder holster and CC under the shirt vest too. 

Offline gsarfin

• Posting Member
On another note, I've lost 15lbs in the last 6 weeks and still losing. My breasts are more pronounced now, and have grown slightly. I wore a sports bra today that I got months ago that was snug in the band and a bit big in the cups. Fit well today. Until I was getting undressed at the end of the day, my wife had no idea I was wearing it under a thicker t-shirt (that used to fit me quite snug). The problem with the 2 sports bras of the same brand/size I have is... They only come in neon colors or with neon colored trim. Wish they had them in more neutral colors to fit in/blend in with my usual clothes. 

hammer

I usually only use shoulder holsters  due to 3 back surgeries, and still having chronic back pain, so I can't handle anything on my waist. Having to carry a weapon my most for my adult life between military and different civilian careers I feel naked without one.

You may want to consider going for a formal fitting at some point. It was the best thing I ever did for myself! My wife went with me and said I was treated better then our daughter was when she took her for one.

Bob
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 12:50:10 PM by hammer »

aboywithgirls

Hammer is 100% correct. Until you get fitted by a qualified professional you may not be wearing the right size bra. I would recommend going to a local boutique. You'll usually find a better selection, and better service.

Offline expedient-traveller

• Silver Member
I have to agree with the guys on getting a formal fitting. I was wearing a far too small bra for too long with painful results. I was wearing a 44B underwire that was way, way too small but I did not know it. I thought it was how it was meant to fit. I got measured and I am a 46C and can wear a 46 D with no problem. The difference in how I feel with the correct bra size is like night and day! You really need to get a proper measurement because we gentlemen far too often get too small of a bra for we are not accustomed to such instruments of support. Get measured and you will feel a lot better and take a female friend along for comfort...it helps! Be well, Zei Gezunt!

Offline TigerPaws

I have to agree with the guys on getting a formal fitting. I was wearing a far too small bra for too long with painful results. I was wearing a 44B underwire that was way, way too small but I did not know it. I thought it was how it was meant to fit. I got measured and I am a 46C and can wear a 46 D with no problem. The difference in how I feel with the correct bra size is like night and day! You really need to get a proper measurement because we gentlemen far too often get too small of a bra for we are not accustomed to such instruments of support. Get measured and you will feel a lot better and take a female friend along for comfort...it helps! Be well, Zei Gezunt!
Agreed! Take a Lady with you who is comfortable being around you and understands that you were not born knowing that you would have breasts and knowing that you did not grow up expecting to need a bra (often as young girls do looking forward to it).

Believe me in the beginning it really makes a difference.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
A Bra that matches you own natural skin colour will be the easiest to hide.  
For outer shirts, it is generally true that darker colours are better at concealing than light colours. 
Plaids and patterns are better than solid colours. 
Shirts with breast pockets help, but only if the pockets are kept empty. 
Woven fabrics are better than knits.
If in doubt, go with the larger size,  a closely fitted shirt hides nothing.
A loose shirt conceals better than one that is tucked in at the waist. 
The exception to the rule about light colours,  Guyabera Shirts,  consist of usually a vertical pattern of pleats and such, lots of pockets and they are actually pretty good at concealing. 
Grandpa Dan

Offline gsarfin

• Posting Member
Thanks for all the advice guys. I used to wear Guyabera shirts a lot, but it's been a while since I've had one that fit. By boutique do you mean a local mom n pop type place? If so I'm not familiar with any in the area aside from a few stores that specialize in stripper clothes and are GLBT friendly. Would a department store be a good place for a fitting, like Dillard's, Macy's, or Nordstroms? 

aboywithgirls

Any of those above mentioned have a great selection and I can only speak for Macy's that they are excellent in my experience. The ladies there have always been very accommodating. I didn't care for their method of measuring me. They were using the old +4 method which instead of my current 36G, the were trying to put me in a 40DD! If you go to abrathatfits website, they have an excellent calculator that will get you very close. The calculator brought me to a 36G which is what I was fitted for. Macy's has some good bras available for a moderate price like Vanity Fair, Maiden Form, Bali and a little bit better is Wacoal. I  would also make sure you try an underwire. The underwire adds alot of support and gives a nice shape. If you get the right underwire bras, you'll find them to be extremely comfortable and look great too.

hammer

I'm in Minnesota, so I'm going to a place called Allure in St. Paul.  Its a Beautique that specializes in women's under garments.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024