Author Topic: What size did it become noticable and when did you accept it  (Read 13695 times)

steven618

I often read on here people freaking out over what is nothing, and then others who have come to accept that they have c d even dd and beyond breasts. Some bigger folks and some fairly in shape. While the range and age varies person to person and the cause can be medical, anatomically genetic, disease to nothing at all causing it (which always makes me wonder cause obviously something is), I wonder when people felt compelled to quit wearing the fitted shirts and go to the patterns, pockets, and size up. My breasts go through spurts and I will notice time to time they're growing and then they'll stop for a few months and then start again slowly but surely. I look at myself in the mirror with shirts and I am in decent shape and love my fitted shirts that show off my arms and abdomen, but my chest area is now rounding out and projecting more and even when I flex my chest you can grab a mild handful of loose skin from the breast tissue taking over. Other shirts kind of hang off my chest and create space at the bottom of my shirt to the waist. Etc, etc....curious when did you finally go, i can no longer wear this anymore? I feel even if my chest went from the large a cup i am now to a c or d, I'd still try and wear fitted shirts, i'm naive as hell and feel it could be passed off, till i look at images of women in t shirts, not pervertedly just to see how naive i am and go yeah if i grow anymore i'm gonna look like a freak...

hammer

I'm 59 and had gyno as a kid or teen and never thought about it and never got any crap about it mostly because I could kick the crap out of anyone who would say anything about it, but I wasn't a bully and I didn't care about it either!

In the Navy I was a ships diver and in very good condition, but the guys would say to me "petty officer ski, please cover your top too when your come back from the shower, you make use miss our wives more" but that was in fun, as they all knew I could kick their ass too!

It wasn't until I got to b/c cup I started to wear a bra off and on, and I was thinking I was only a DD cup when my doctor told me to go for a formal fitting that I found out that I was a 46H!

All along my wife and daughter's told me that I should be wearing a bra! They have been very supportive all along, but still I don't like wearing them all the time even as big as I am.

aboywithgirls

I was 12 or 13 when I heard my grandmother tell my mom "he needs to start wearing a bra! " The next day, I was trying on some bras that my sister had outgrown. Those were 34B s. It wasn't long before I was a C cup. I was recently fitted with a Fantasie bra in a 36G  (UK) which is a 36I  (US). 
I've accepted them. I don't mind wearing a bra. I'm more comfortable with it than without. 

Offline TheDane

• Posting Member
To be honest I dont know when mine actually started, I never had the chest of a muscular man, just boobs that were sort of round.  I really noticed these and the size right after I turned 21.  I grabbed a fabric tape and took a measurement and came up with 34DDD, anyway I kept tabs on their growth for awhile and they never seemed to change. I was at my peak 165lbs at 6'3" I was carrying chevy engine heads one in each hand and could lift a bare block iron chevy engine.  Having boobs to get in my way was...well, not inspiring. I did eventually fill into this body but with that came everything else.  Accepted it as this is life and here I am. 

hammer

Dane, be careful with that back, as I used to lift things and carry things that I should have used a 2 wheeler or cart and 3 back surgeries later, well as I said, 3 back surgeries later live and learn! 

Offline Roadglider

• Posting Member
I noticed that I was different when I was probably 14.  I never had the chiseled chest even though I did a lot of lifting to try and get one.  I grew up on a farm and then worked on another farm in high school and between semesters while going to college and hard physical work was all part of my growing up.  I entered the law enforcement arena when I was 24 and I attended three different academies while changing jobs so I did lots of distance running.  All the while, my chest never lost that soft appearance.  Fast forward to retirement and being diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder and being prescribed prednisone for over a year and a half.  That soft chest appearance decided it was time to become real breasts.  At first it was why am I running into things with my chest, and then it was why aren't my shirts fitting like they used to?  And my new family members keep on growing.  I'm now in a 40D and given the soreness/pain beneath my nipples, the "girls" aren't done maturing yet.  I just recently accepted the fact that I have breasts and that I need to take care of them as surgery isn't an option for me.  
Now, it's time to find bras other than sports bras, that will give them the support needed so I don't have to put up with the soreness of having two monkeys acting like they're playing football under my shirts.  The sports bras work intially; but with time I realized that; 1 they're too warm and 2 they're really uncomfortable after a few hours.  I just received my first two underwired bras today and I can tell you the difference I'm feeling is unbelievable for me.  There's no going back now.  As some of you have repeatedly stated bras are for breasts, not women or men.  Take care of them guys!

hammer

It wouldn't hurt to go and have a formal fitting even if you feel the bras you have work. I went for many years thinking that but after the fitting I found out what real comfort was!

Just some advice from a bra wearing guy with years under his breast, lol!

Offline littes

• Posting Member
This is an interesting discussion.

At what size did it become noticable?
When I was 12 I started to receive comments (firstly at swimming pool, later at school). I can guess I was around a B cup. At the age of 16 it became really noticeable, I grew quite a lot in a short time (during summer), moving to a D cup. I was really confused and mockery at school was really persistent at that point.

When did you accept it?
I guess it's when I started wearing a bra regularly. Because of all the mockery at school I was really concerned about my breasts and I couldn't imagine myself in a bra. During my university years I realised surgery wasn't an option for me and I started to experiment bra wearing starting from sports bra then moving to comfy full cup models. Stairs, running or just even walking was an improvement!

Blousbunnys

I first noticed development at 10 years old. By the time I was 12 everybody noticed. I have a genetic condition called klienfelter syndrom. Two x and one y chromosome.
My breasts continued to develop until I was in my early 30's. Depending on the bra style and manufacturers I am a D cup in most bras, a DD in some and a C in a few.
I have been wearing bras since I was 20. I am 71 now.

Offline dbweb

• Bronze Member
During middle age, I always had lots of breast tissue, my kids called them moobs.  While in my late teens, and twenties, I often went with out a shirt, by time I was in mid thirties, the shirt stayed on most of time.
Not a real concern till late 50's when I was put on drugs to manage  prostrate issues.  Soon after, my breast really started to develop and gained shape as well.  
I remember mentioning it to my GP  about that time, and it was passed off as maybe you should lose a bit of weight.  About 5-6 years ago, I mentioned that my upper chest often felt like muscle strains after a good day in yard, and my GP took another look at my breast, and she said, my these seem to be growing, we need to check your hormone levels but you may have to consider getting some support for these which will probably provide some relief.  
I went down the road of trying different types of compression vests, sports bras, and finally tried different full support bras, much more comfortable and the strain went away as well.
Breast growth has continued but slowed a bit as meds were adjusted, but  did learn the benefit of a good fitting bra, now fitting a full 48 B or 46 C depending on style.
You could say acceptance came once I became aware of what a good bra can do, as comfort and lack of muscle strain is far more important to me than a bit of noticeable  projection if I wear the wrong shirt.

Offline Boomer

• Posting Member
For me, this is actually a somewhat new condition. When I first saw my doctor about this I was [depending on how you messure] a 36C/38B ish? Now I have about a 36D. If anyone wants help finding a bra go to https://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/. Very accepting of guys with Gynecomastia. Lots of people willing to help but I suggest reading the beginner's guide first.
I haven't worn fitted shirt since I was in the service. Then working at a desk I gained weight. So that might have helped but I have lost over 60 pounds [due to illness, not a diet]. That means all my shirts are a bit big. So I guess the fitted shirt issue has never been one for me. It's also about attitude and getting something that fits, whatever you choose. In a well-fitted bra and a non-fitted shirt, all you tell is that it looks like I have big pecs.
Have you thought about some of the compression shirts? Those might give you the fitted look you want and could be worn under a fitted button shirt. It's all about options. What makes you comfortable. You may need different garments depending on what you want to wear. So, it's not impossible but just might require some work.
Good Luck,
Boomer

steven618

I'm honestly more than okay with wearing a bra and have no shame in it, i wear a barely there comfort bra, it is seamless and wireless and gives good support but doesn't constrict too bad. However of the 4 I had 3 got ruined in the wash somehow so I have to order more eventually. As I continue to feel my chest grow larger here and there and shirts are getting tighter than before in the chest area. My fear is just the crease i am now getting in my shirts where the breasts are beginning to push out to a noticeable state and from the front it's fine but from the sides all you see is a chest poking out causing the shirt to basically hang off. It sucks but im dealing with it well i just dont want my wife to get turned off by it if it gets too large of an issue

Offline Boomer

• Posting Member
That is a problem with fitted shirts and boobs, they show boobs. It's just the way it is. You might look at changing your look. Unless you want to go to compression garments. The choice is up to you.

steven618

thanks, I'm pretty muscular so I will likely wear fitted shirts till it is just embarrassing if they continue to grow which it seems that almost everyone here ends up with a c or d cup :( but I know all body's are different just feel naive in assuming if they develop more and move in to full a or b cup territory that no one will notice but maybe at 30 I'm just quitting to care 

Offline Boomer

• Posting Member
I can understand. Everybody is different. Remember it could be worse, a friend from a different group has 2 totally different breast sizes. One side is a C the other is an A. But he takes it in stride and he's about your age. Hell, me I'll be 50 in 2 months, I gave up that look a long time ago. Not to say that I don't have some great fitting clothes but they aren't fitted. LOL, giving up the fitted shirt a while ago and it gave me a lot more flexibility and that was well before boobs. It's also about how you project yourself. I have 36Ds and have had people look directly at me in the chest and nothing has ever been said to me. I can hide them somewhat well unless I'm only wearing a T-Shirt and then no chance in hell.
Good Luck and I hope you stop growing. Also, remember whatever you do just make sure you feel comfortable and remain confident. That helps also. If you act like something is wrong when someone looks at your chest, then they will look harder. It takes work and I'm not 100% every day.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024