Author Topic: Taking acceptance to the next level  (Read 4778 times)

bikerbob

I am not sure how I feel about this, but found it interesting.  British scientists are working on a way to make your man boobs actually work so you can help your wife out with that new baby.  Side effects include ending up with B cups or probably larger if you already have a pair to begin with.
https://rare.us/rare-news/around-the-world/male-breastfeeding

Offline walt

• Gold Member
well the wife and I are well past child bearing years , but I am not going to get inline for the breast kit . mine are big enough already and I have had some fluid leakage from time to time when my hormones go out of whack due to my malfunctioning pituitary.

hammer

What is this world coming to! People doing this wouldn't surprise me after all what is good for the gander is good for the goose as well! This would a better excuse for men to get time off work for maternity leave, lol.

I too went through a lactation period as my breast grew, and that was a strange experience!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
This is nothing new.  check out the "Adoptive Lactation Protocols."
Grandpa Dan

Offline SideSet

I would love to be able to.

hammer

I would love to be able to.

Lose your testicles like I did, and I'm sure you will just as I did! I didn't like it at all, but then I didn't want to lose my testicles either!

hammer

You lactate?

Steven, if you are asking me, yes I did! Not only that, I went through menopause too! Now remember, this all took years to happen. I lost my testicles in 94/95. One in each year and as time went by I had a ton of changes in my life! Both physical and medically too. It was in 98 that I was forced to stop working all together due to all this! It was during that time that the diabetes was discovered too and all of the damage that it had done!

I lactated off and on for around a year if my memory serves me right and it was while I was still working. On one of the remodeling jobs I was doing once, the home owners sister was visiting from Germany and said in German that I needed a bra. I questioned the home owner, as to what she had said, and reminded her that my 1st wife was from Germany and that I understood some of what she said! She then told me. After I told them what happened they bolt felt like asses!

hammer

Yikes I cant imagine experiencing lactation but can understand how it occurs once losing the source of testosterone. Did you not care to go on t gel or have shots to keep testosterone elevated once gynecomastia displayed itself? I know you Express how you def dont want them even to date but didnt know if there were options.

I went on HRT for awhile, but back then the only choice was a 2 in or longer short in the butt every 2 weeks. With the highs and lows I had some side effects that I didn't like either so Debbie and I sat down with my endocrinologist and decided to stop taking them. Shortly after that is when I had the heart attack! They couldn't find anything wrong and what caused it so after all the test and an angiogram they sent me home not knowing anything! Now with all the ads about law suits with hormone replacement problems I'm sure that was the cause. That happened in October of 1995 and I even went into Vtac while in the ICU and as of today I have never had another problem! I'm not on any type of meds for the heart, I've got great celestial, I just take blood pressure meds and a low dose aspirin.

And your right, I don't like the boobs, but I'm not going to go through the surgery either!

hammer

Sheesh so glad you're alright crazy how a simple solution can have such detrimental and fatal effects glad you just bit the bullet vs biting the dust

Steven,  I have said multiple times on the forum to many of the young men and older posting here that there are a lot of things that can happen that are much worse than just having those bumps on ones chest! But I think you've got that figured out already!

Offline Johndoe1

Steven,  I have said multiple times on the forum to many of the young men and older posting here that there are a lot of things that can happen that are much worse than just having those bumps on ones chest! But I think you've got that figured out already!

Some of us take a lot longer! :D 
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

hammer

Steven,  I have said multiple times on the forum to many of the young men and older posting here that there are a lot of things that can happen that are much worse than just having those bumps on ones chest! But I think you've got that figured out already!

Oh ya, its like learning to ride a bike, some of us fall off before we learn how to ride it than others, and some take off the 1st time on the seat!

You don't need to feel like you have to rush into anything! There is no law that says that if you have breast you have to support then! This is a personal choice, mostly for comfort in the majority of people and some just don't need it!

And on another note, there is no reason to be ashamed of it either! It's no different than having a  Jimmy Duran nose or  if you had some other visible signs of something that only YOU think is so terrible!

« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 09:30:40 PM by hammer »

Offline Johndoe1

Oh ya, its like learning to ride a bike, some of us fall off before we learn how to ride it than others, and some take off the 1st time on the seat!

You don't need to feel like you have to rush into anything! There is no law that says that if you have breast you have to support then! This is a personal choice, mostly for comfort in the majority of people and some just don't need it!

And on another note, there is no reason to be ashamed of it either! It's no different than having a  Jimmy Duran nose or  if you had some other visible signs of something that only YOU think is so terrible!

You are so right! It took me years to come to terms with my chest. And the reasons for that fear were just stupid. I didn't ask to have breasts. I wasn't "broken". Society was.

I don't feel "different" because I have breasts. I feel like "me" with breasts. At this point, I wouldn't know how to act if I didn't have breasts. I have never known a life being flat chested. How does that feel to not have shirts trying to flatten my bust? Would I even like that "feeling"? What is a "man" suppose to feel like? What does a "woman" feel like? I have no idea. I just know how "I" feel. That is all I have to go on.

After I started wearing a bra, the support felt like I was being hugged all the time. It was very relaxing, calming and the feel of the material of the cups surrounding my breast tissue gently containing/lifting/supporting gave me unexpected confidence because there was no more movement of my tissue as I moved and I had some control over my bust, something I never had before. Of course this all didn't occur to me overnight. It took a while of experiencing life while trussed up in a bra. I now am self conscience when in public braless. The girls can have a mind of their own sometimes that can be embarrassing. Can you say "high beams"!!

I have a female friend, one of only 3 who know I wear a bra, who put it all in perspective for me. She said my problem wasn't that I was wearing a bra, but I had boobs. A bra was just a piece of clothing that helped make me comfortable. My boobs were there whether I wore a bra or not. How did I deal with that? The problem was I had never come to terms with my chest. I thought long and hard about that statement and came to the realization she was right. I then had to learn to overcome my fear of the "boob" and that took a little while but I have just about completely overcome it. Life is too short to stress out over something like boobs. Cancer is something to stress out about, not mammary glands on your chest that doesn't hurt anything but your ego.

I am still careful how I dress because I don't want to flaunt them. My boobs are not who I am but are a part of me, but I still wear my bras proudly because it makes me physically more comfortable. The bra is for my comfort, not societies. And if you study how women wear their clothes, most of the time, they don't show their breasts off. Many times, it is hard to tell what size a women's breast are unless they are very large or they are wearing a revealing or accentuating top. So I have started taking those examples and using it to my advantage and even when wearing a bra. And I have noticed a reduction in "wandering eyes" since I have started doing that. That is not to say I don't get any wandering eyes anymore. I still do. But the number of times it happens has dropped considerably. I am finding that as long as I don't draw attention to them, no one seems to notice or care.

The reality is no one should care if a male has female features or a female has male features. It is no one's damn business. But many people think it is. Like I said, I am not broken. Society is. Once I came to that realization, some through reasoning and some through experience, life for me got a whole lot better.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 10:58:03 AM by Johndoe1 »

Offline mgr

• Bronze Member
Well said Johndoe1.  I have gone through a similar process, but received my discussion support from a counselor. I went to her to understand or get comfortable with the changes in my body (breasts, no testicles, extra weight in my thighs, and atrophy of my appendage). She helped me a lot by allowing me to morn the loss of my boys and the lack of sexual function (nerves were damaged during prostate cancer surgery) and accept the fact I now have a different body through no fault of my own.  I now confidently wear a bra for my 38C chest.  I only am wary around a few people meaning my brother and sister.  Over the holiday I wore everyday with my mother in-law, sister in-law, and aunt. Never thinking once I should not wear.  Good luck in the process. It is always better to be comfortable with the correct support.

Offline Johndoe1

I am sorry mgr to hear of your illness but am glad you have been able to overcome it. I have come to the conclusion that if given a choice of death by cancer or to have a KK chest and forced to wear a bra, I will be buying a lot of stock in bra companies.
There are more devastating things in life than being a male wearing a bra for noticeable breasts.

hammer

I believe that both of you  Johndoe1 and mgr and I are all in agreement and in the same boat and thankfully that boat isn't going to sink as this old Navy Diver isn't much of a swimmer anymore!

Mgr, I too am sorry to hear of your lose and of the cancer! I lost my boys due to a problem after a vasectomy.  However, I started my journey much younger then others,here on the forum as I was 36 and 37 respectively as I first lost the one side in 94 then the other in 95!

I share and discuss many of our post with my wife to get her perspective and thoughts on them, because she is very supportive and she agrees that this is a societies problem! In this day in age we have same sex marriage, people who claim other on the gender question, why can't a straight man wear a article of clothing design specifically to support breast if he himself has breast and not be viewed as a crossdresser or anything else!

I don't have the answers and all I can say is we need to stay strong for one another and be here for each other as well! I myself don't wear my bra all the time as I've said before.  I took it off yesterday when I found out my grandson was going to be spending the night. My wife and daughter tell my not to but I'm not ready to explain to a very smart 6 year old yet. He sees me with out a shirt on but not a bra. Both daughters know a well as my son in law and all are very supportive!

I have several friends and family members who know that I've been told by my PC doctor to wear support but that's as much as they have been told.

Be strong my brothers!

Bob
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 01:00:06 PM by hammer »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024