Author Topic: More than just acceptance  (Read 5012 times)

Offline BruceC

• Posting Member
I understand why adolescents would feel sure that this condition is a malady, I was one and it's all about being unsure of anything, especially one's own worth.
As a man grows older and hopefully begins to understand what actually constitutes human worth he might realize how little physical appearance has to do with value. As beauty is only skin deep value is determined at the core rather than the surface. Nearly all humans of both genders are endowed with nipples which are erogenous. These are all attached to breasts in every size and shape. The fact that they and the breasts they're attached to are potentially sexual seems to cause most to search frantically for the proverbial fig leaf. Let it go, it is what God made it so embrace it. Loving your body isn't wrong, hating it is. Loving (wanting the best for) your body parts' potentials isn't wrong but I suspect that ignoring them may be unhealthy. The primary concern ought to be are my wishes in the end  constructive or destructive. I have breasts most would consider perky feminine breasts, nubile; 'B' cup. They have appeared over the past 3 or 4 years though I only recently realized there was such a thing as gynecomastia. I must admit I love having breasts and the ,most would say, pronounced nipples that go with them. They are a sensual blessing and a natural ED preventative (most appreciated at my age,69).

Offline Goodnplenty

• Bronze Member
Bruce I think you have a wise outlook on life.  As far as breasts go, I have said it here before on other threads that if you were to ask twenty year old me if I would like to have breasts it would have been a flat out "no".  Developing breasts wasn't as surprising as my attitude towards them.  I would have never guessed that I would love them as much as I do.  The fullness and extra sensitivity is something that I think can't be explained to someone else.  You have to experience it for yourself.  Also after developing my own breasts I have more understanding for the lengths that women will go to to make their breasts firmer, rounder, bigger etc.  I confess that I have had those thoughts also.  If I'm going going to have breasts they might as be great breasts. 

bikerbob

I sympathize with the guys who had to suffer through high school gym class with breasts, but at 72 I have better things to worry about.  My nipples have always been an erogenous zone and I find that they have become even more so as they grew.  I admit to always secretly feeling that it wasn't fair that only women got to have breasts and wondered what it would be like to have them and then one day realized that I did.  Now I have perky little 12 year old girl B cup breasts and actually enjoy them.  While I am not quite ready to wear underwire bras and put them out there for the world to see, I really don't mind wearing a bra and have accepted that they are starting to show a bit whether I like it or not.  I also admit to occasionally feeling a bit jealous when I see a woman with a nice pair of breasts in a white T shirt not caring if her bra shows and wishing I could do the same.  On a whim, I bought a rather racy lace underwire bra that fits nicely but haven't quite gotten up the courage to wear in in public yet.  And I think having breasts gives me a lot of insight into what women deal with with theirs.  On the other hand, I am not hoping I end up with D cups but I will learn to deal with whatever I have.  Meanwhile, my wife thinks they are cute.

Offline blad

It seemed like a disaster as a young teen in school as you can imagine. 

But as time went on and I discovered how well bras fit me and improved comfort, my negativity greatly diminished. I am now quite happy wearing my bra as any woman would and don't give it a second thought.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline Johndoe1

Children and teens can be very cruel. As a teen male, life was not fun growing up with a very feminine body feature. I vividly remember playing football and being the target of tackles, whether I had the ball or not. I don't know how many times I found myself on the bottom of a pile with at least one breast in the hands of someone else. I finally stopped playing sports and to this day, don't enjoy physical activity because of it. While I have finally come to terms with my chest, including bra wearing, it too years to get my head screwed back on straight from just a few years in my teens. Now, I hardly think about them other than which bra I am going to wear and what top to wear.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline AtoDDD

• Bronze Member
Bruce I think you have a wise outlook on life.  As far as breasts go, I have said it here before on other threads that if you were to ask twenty year old me if I would like to have breasts it would have been a flat out "no".  Developing breasts wasn't as surprising as my attitude towards them.  I would have never guessed that I would love them as much as I do.  The fullness and extra sensitivity is something that I think can't be explained to someone else.  You have to experience it for yourself.  Also after developing my own breasts I have more understanding for the lengths that women will go to to make their breasts firmer, rounder, bigger etc.  I confess that I have had those thoughts also.  If I'm going going to have breasts they might as be great breasts.
I’m with you there! I never thought about having breasts, breasts and bras were woman stuff. All that changed when I got my own breasts. Now I spend way too much time admiring my breasts in the mirror, at least according to my wife who btw loves them as much as I do, they are the central focus of our love making. We both hope they will grow bigger, rounder, fuller and more feminine looking. One thing though, my breasts aren’t sensual or erotic to the touch. How can I develope that? I’m 35 yo so I have a lot of good years in front of me to enjoy my breasts especially if can get the erotic feeling you and Bruce C report.

Offline Johndoe1

One thing though, my breasts aren’t sensual or erotic to the touch. How can I develope that? I’m 35 yo so I have a lot of good years in front of me to enjoy my breasts especially if can get the erotic feeling you and Bruce C report.
Mine originally were not sensual or erotic to the touch, but within the last few years, they have become more sensitive and just jiggling can become quite sensitive. Not sure why. They could have always but I didn't seem to notice it until after I started wearing bras.

Offline AtoDDD

• Bronze Member
One thing though, my breasts aren’t sensual or erotic to the touch. How can I develope that? I’m 35 yo so I have a lot of good years in front of me to enjoy my breasts especially if can get the erotic feeling you and Bruce C report.
Mine originally were not sensual or erotic to the touch, but within the last few years, they have become more sensitive and just jiggling can become quite sensitive. Not sure why. They could have always but I didn't seem to notice it until after I started wearing bras.
Good to know. I usually go braless around the house with a woman’s sleeveless blouse coverup. I prefer sleeveless tops because my slender bare arms complement my breasts. When my wife and I are out and about, entertaining at home, or having a night out on the town with friends I’ll wear a nicer low cut sleeveless blouse with a push-up bra because my B cup breasts need a little help to be noticed.
You mentioned tops, what type of tops do you like?

Offline Johndoe1

Because of my bust size (I am a DD or DDD depending on the bra), it does give the illusion my waist is smaller, even though I am an apple shape, depending on the top. I prefer the more supportive underwire bras, which in itself can define and shape the bust into a more feminine look, depending on the style of the bra. A very form fitting top with darts in the bust gives me a very feminine, curvy look. While very comfortable to wear because everything fits in all the right places, it is too much of a feminine flattering look for me so I have to find tops that soften the curves, a trick I have learned women frequently use when not wanting to put their bust on display. Pay close attention to the type of tops women wear and you will see that the breasts are not always well defined and are difficult to determine shape and size. Those types are ones to look to see if they can be made to work.

While I don't mind wearing a very fitted top around the house in private (and frequently I do for the comfort), in public, I stick to more masculine styles, more non-fitted styles so I don't get a mono boob look where the material doesn't get stretched and molded over and around the bust, or buttons running down the front are sucked into the cleavage defining each beast because I am wide set and defining the bust as a whole, in an feminine way, due to the gore tacking on my sternum defining each breast as underwires do, but it also gives extra material in the waist so I have to find a happy medium between curves and sloppy look. While I can't completely hide my bust because of my size, and it took years for me to come to terms with that one fact, and by the shear nature of how underwire bras work, there is an appearance cost for that exoskeleton extra support, you have to do some matching of bra to top to get the look you are going for, in my case, support without drawing undue attention to my chest. But women do this all the time to draw attention to their bust or to divert attention away from their bust.

While I suspect you are looking more for specific types of tops, I have found that every body is different and what works for me may not work for you. As women have found out, when it comes to dressing the breasts, it is a trial and error kind of thing. Lose fitting tops through the bust while not making your waist look sloppy is the key. Sometimes that will be a button down top, other times a polo top and other times a vest or jacket of some type. I wear all of these.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 05:57:03 AM by Johndoe1 »

aboywithgirls

While most of my tops have sleeves,  now that the nicer weather is here, I wear ladies tank tops. They tend to have more room in the bust and the smaller arm holes hide my bra better. 

Torrid has some great to0s that have a feminine cut with a masculine look. I have quite a few different "camp tops" that appear like a men's button down plaid shirt. They have more room in the bust and taper at the waist with small pockets on the chest. 

Offline AtoDDD

• Bronze Member
Because of my bust size (I am a DD or DDD depending on the bra), it does give the illusion my waist is smaller, even though I am an apple shape, depending on the top. I prefer the more supportive underwire bras, which in itself can define and shape the bust into a more feminine look, depending on the style of the bra. A very form fitting top with darts in the bust gives me a very feminine, curvy look. While very comfortable to wear because everything fits in all the right places, it is too much of a feminine flattering look for me so I have to find tops that soften the curves, a trick I have learned women frequently use when not wanting to put their bust on display. Pay close attention to the type of tops women wear and you will see that the breasts are not always well defined and are difficult to determine shape and size. Those types are ones to look to see if they can be made to work.

While I don't mind wearing a very fitted top around the house in private (and frequently I do for the comfort), in public, I stick to more masculine styles, more non-fitted styles so I don't get a mono boob look where the material doesn't get stretched and molded over and around the bust, or buttons running down the front are sucked into the cleavage defining each beast because I am wide set and defining the bust as a whole, in an feminine way, due to the gore tacking on my sternum defining each breast as underwires do, but it also gives extra material in the waist so I have to find a happy medium between curves and sloppy look. While I can't completely hide my bust because of my size, and it took years for me to come to terms with that one fact, and by the shear nature of how underwire bras work, there is an appearance cost for that exoskeleton extra support, you have to do some matching of bra to top to get the look you are going for, in my case, support without drawing undue attention to my chest. But women do this all the time to draw attention to their bust or to divert attention away from their bust.

While I suspect you are looking more for specific types of tops, I have found that every body is different and what works for me may not work for you. As women have found out, when it comes to dressing the breasts, it is a trial and error kind of thing. Lose fitting tops through the bust while not making your waist look sloppy is the key. Sometimes that will be a button down top, other times a polo top and other times a vest or jacket of some type. I wear all of these.
What is “gore tacking on my sternum”?

Offline Johndoe1

The gore is the bridge between the cups. Underwire bras are meant to have their gores with the wires sitting on the sternum encapsulating the root of the breast. "Lift and separate." Soft cup (non underwire) bra gores may or may not sit on the sternum, depending on how much space you have between your breasts since they do not encapsulate the breast in the same fashion. "Just lift".

Offline AtoDDD

• Bronze Member
The gore is the bridge between the cups. Underwire bras are meant to have their gores with the wires sitting on the sternum encapsulating the root of the breast. "Lift and separate." Soft cup (non underwire) bra gores may or may not sit on the sternum, depending on how much space you have between your breasts since they do not encapsulate the breast in the same fashion. "Just lift".

As to how a bra would fit on me, I have little B cup breasts on a slender narrow frame which gives them a perky, round, feminine “straight forward and up” projection similar to a young girl at the same stage of development. I feel like I’m small enough that I don’t need a lot of support, so does that mean  I can wear a soft bra not an underwire?

Offline Johndoe1

Underwire bras give better support due to the exoskeleton nature of the wire where soft cup bras have to be more engineered with material and cut to do the same job. It's a personal preference on which type to wear. The vast majority of women of all sizes and shapes wear underwire bras. It's actually getting harder to find a variety of styles in soft cup bras because the preference is underwire. 

My personal preference is underwire for the better support and the better shaping I can get for the look I want to achieve. I find I get less movement of the tissue in an underwire bra than I do with a soft cup bra and it is easier to play down the breasts so they are not as noticed. I have found that too is the same reason most women prefer underwire. You can either play up the breasts or play them down depending on the type and style underwire bra. But if I am flying, I will wear a soft cup bra to not trigger the TSA scanning equipment and then have to go through a pat down and explanation of I am wearing a bra since I present male. I know if you present female, they don't bother you. Soft cups and bralet's are nice for lounging around the house when you don't want or need as much strict support and containment.

aboywithgirls

I also use bralettes, and sleep bras for lounging or sleeping.  I wear underwear bras for everything else exclusively. 

Im a 36H in most of my bras so going braless is not really an option. If I go through the scanner at the airport, no matter what I do, the scanner will show a big yellow box over each breast, I get patted down, my boobs are felt up, my bra is discovered and I go on my way.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024