Author Topic: Tips for boob pain relief?  (Read 1093 times)

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member
Today, it's felt like my boobs are in a vise (I've never actually experienced this, but I'm guessing that it feels similar to what I'm experiencing.)  I'm guessing this is one of those dreaded growth pains many of you have mentioned. Don't think I've had anything this bad before.   Any tips on how to deaden the pain?  I've contemplated ice packs, but fear that would make it worse as my nipples don't like the cold.

Offline Beeches

• Silver Member
Ouch - That sounds very unpleasant. I have not experienced that sort of pain so far, just general discomfort and aching, especially when I have not had any support. Your description sounds more like pressure. I don't think I would cope well with ice packs for the same reason you describe. I have used paracetamol (Tylenol or Panadol in the US) in the past, and that helped somewhat, but did not get rid of the pain completely. I hope the pain soon passes for you. Good Luck!

I would be interested if anyone can confirm that this is down to growth pain. When I have aching boobs, it is usually accompanied by sharp pains and intense itching in my nipples and underarms. Anyone have similar experiences?

Offline Johndoe1

As strange as it might sound, massaging them helps. It gets the blood moving better within the breasts to reduce inflammation. If it's a true grow spurt, there may not be much you can do about it.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 04:46:00 PM by Johndoe1 »
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member
I ended up going with the ice packs.  Increased pain a little bit as my nipples reacted to the cold, but eventually got it cold enough to numb the entire area.  BTW, walking around with numb boobs is a weird feeling.  Still got some discomfort this morning, but not nearly as bad as it was yesterday.  Will try massaging them today.  Just really odd.  Had plenty of soreness and discomfort in my breasts before, but nothing that bad.

Offline blad

At least we are not dealing with menstrual cramps. 
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline Beeches

• Silver Member
Hi OHboobs.

Did the problem settle down OK, and would you say that the ice pack plan is worth pursuing? I get the odd twinge now and then, but nothing as bad as you described. It would be useful to know if it works well for future reference, however.

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member
Yeah, by saturday evening it had gone away.  Still just odd.  Had it been just the left one, I might've thought I was having a heart attack.  But it was both.  Ice packs did sufficiently numb the area though, slight discomfort as my boobs thawed out.  When they were numb, I got up to go to the bathroom, and didn;t have a bra on.  Made me much more aware of the weight of my breasts.  It's not much, but something I've never noticed before with all of the other usual sensations I would get when walking without a bra.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024