Author Topic: Posture correction  (Read 2725 times)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
I’ve been trying to correct my posture. After decades of trying to hide the girls, I’m now trying to stop rolling my shoulders forward and hunching my back. It’s not easy! Even sitting here typing this out I have to keep correcting my position. Of course it presents the girls front and center. What have you noticed about your posture after accepting Gyno?

Offline blad

I had bad posture since my teens, no doubt to try and minimize the appearance on my boobs.

Wearing a bra has helped me to be more upright for sure, as has the general acceptance that most people are not staring at my breast projection. I also feel that with the shaping and motion control a bra provides, that my breasts are less obvious anyway.

Basically, if you have breast development a bra solves a lot of issues and just works.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 06:40:55 PM by blad »
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline Johndoe1

I too have hunched/slumped since my teen years due to the girls and I have now started to stand up taller. It's hard to break that habit. Since I started doing it, while the girls show more, no one has even looked much less paid any attention.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

aboywithgirls

I have delt with the same issues. Slouching, rolling my shoulders forward which created terrible posture. 

I had a fitter, several years ago, who gave me some of the greatest bra advice. She had me try a long line bra. It had an extra wide band that came down to the bottom of my rib cage. The bra was a constant reminder to keep my shoulders back and sit straight and stand straight.  It really helped me correct decade's of poor posture. 

Offline mgr

• Bronze Member
I too have been slouching for years.  I recently went to physical therapy for a bad shoulder and she, the PT, said I needed to stop slouching to help my shoulder.  I have been doing her exercises and working on my posture. My shoulder is better as is my projection.  Well, there is nothing I can do run with it with confidence, which is what I am doing.  Physically, I feel a lot better.

Posture is important! 

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
Old habits die hard! It’s been a month and I’m still catching myself rolling my shoulders. We’re all works in progress.

Offline Johndoe1

It's been three years since I started to correct my posture and I am still slumping forward. Too many years to correct bad posture, but I am getting better.

Offline mgr

• Bronze Member
I am actually going to physical therapy for my left shoulder and the PT told me I had terrible posture. Perhaps she just said "slumped", but I took it as terrible.  She has been working on posture and it feels great.  Clearly I was trying to hide the girls, but they certainly not hidden anymore.  It does feel good to walk upright with some confidence again. I guess I just needed a push from a third party.

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
Since I started wearing bras, my posture has improved greatly.  Part of it is feeling the bra hugging me reminds to sit up straighter.  I also find that when I'm braless, which is rear, if I don't sit up straight, my breasts lay on my stomach.  I don't like that feeling so I sit up straighter.   

My days of slumping are pretty much over.   

justwayne

Like everyone else, I slouched more than normal in attempt to hide my chest. I think it was just a natural reaction when I was embarrassed about my breast growth.

One day I realized that either with or without a bra, my breasts were still very noticeable while slouching. That's when I began trying to correct my posture. Yeah, it gave me a little more protrusion but that was no more noticeable than when I slouched. The bras I wear, though not minimizing, help round things out so the protrusion isn't a big deal.

I never had great posture anyway, so I'm trying to undo the bad habits that I had before my breast growth became noticeable.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
It’s been three months now and still catching myself, but not as much. I may catch myself for the rest of my life but for the most part I think I have improved my posture to some extent.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
It’s been going well! Walking upright has made me a little more “loud and proud” but has mostly cured my mid back pain. I used too have to crack my mid back all the time but no more.
Still, I may be getting a little more looks, but not really, and still no comments. 
People just don’t seem to care.

aboywithgirls

I think that you would be so much more comfortable in a well fitted, good supportive bra. The shape and support that a bra would give you would be life changing. There are many different bras to that you can try. I would recommend starting with an unlined, underwire, back clasp bra. The Elomi Matilda would work well with your size and shape.

Blacksmith96

I have also slumped forward and had bad posture for a long time now. Since I just started wearing bras, I actually feel I tend to set my shoulders back more. Partly because the bra pulls them back, and partly because, f it, I'm wearing a bra anyway so if someone knows, they know. My favorite part about wearing a bra and tank top to work is when I leave. I get in my truck, roll the window down and take my shirt off so its just my bra and tank. The air feels so good after getting sweaty all day. I'm not too worried about people seeing my bra straps and tank top, because the seat belt rides between the girls and makes them very prominent anyway. I figure people will notice either way so I may as well be proud of what I have. 

Busted (and happy)

Thumbs up from me Blacksmith.
The world is full of folk "doing their own thing", many without any very good reason.
"Busted (and happy)" is a great feeling I just hope others find it quicker than I did

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024