Author Topic: German Railway allows gender neutral uniforms  (Read 1016 times)

Offline gotgyne

Since the first of November 2022 the German railway allows gender neutral uniforms. It means that a man can choose a skirt and a blouse and obviously even a dress. The latter I'm not sure, but it should be possible.
New uniforms since 2018
Nerw dress code since November 1, 2022
Please use the google translator, since I didn't find a free(!) english website on this topic.
John
Edit: "Gender neutral" is not the right word, since it is not gender neutral. I would prefer the term "non-binary uniforms". Why should a man who looks upon himself as a man (100 per cent!) choose a skirt or even a dress? Only a man who looks upon himself not 100 per cent as a man, but perhaps only 60 or 50 per cent or less, would choose a skirt. That's my opinion.
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline blad

They have always had "lederhosen".
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline gotgyne

They have always had "lederhosen".
Yes, "lederhosen" obviously is very german and especially bavarian. I grew up with them.
John

Online Johndoe1

Good for German railway. As long as whatever they wear doesn't look bad or out of place, it doesn't bother me. And since I am not in Germany, it bothers me even less! ;)
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Moobzie

• Silver Member
From gotgyne:
"Edit: "Gender neutral" is not the right word, since it is not gender neutral. I would prefer the term "non-binary uniforms". Why should a man who looks upon himself as a man (100 per cent!) choose a skirt or even a dress? Only a man who looks upon himself not 100 per cent as a man, but perhaps only 60 or 50 per cent or less, would choose a skirt. That's my opinion."

Some exceptions to this are:
1) Kilts - common in Scotland and some parts of Ireland.
2) Sarongs - commonly worn in some Pacific islands (Fiji, for example).  Some men from there wear sarongs instead of trousers in a church I attend here in the States - with no issues from any clergy or congregants.

Offline gotgyne

Hi Moobzie, you're right. Another examples are the jellabiya (galabeya) which is worn by men in parts of the Middle East and the kaftan in various countries. But the kilt in Scotland and parts of Ireland, the sarong (in Yemen and the Arabian peninsula also) and the above mentioned pieces are looked upon as clothes for men.
John
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 02:30:14 PM by gotgyne »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024