Author Topic: A return - and reflection  (Read 740 times)

Normal boobs

This is a return, with a different “nom de plume”, after some years absence. I am not sure whether I will be as prolific a contributor as in the past but it seems like a good time to return to share a bit of my journey and current feelings. The forum seems to have moved on and seems to have lost the toxicity it had from time to time – a main cause of my long sabbatical.

The only member I can remember is ABWG now better known as Sophie who I would give a shout out to who has weathered all the storms on here and is continuing to give sage advice.
Sophie, a sincere, but belated, thanks for all the help you were to me.

The change of name this time reflects the current step of my journey with gyno  I have boobs and am NORMAL.
Having a medical background and a management responsibility for set up of an area a breast screening service screening in the UK. I would like to share a few things.
Almost all medical norns are expressed in terms of centiles even in utero for fetal growth monitoring. No individual will be on the 50th (average) centile for all measurements - bone lengths, headsize, abdominal girth etc etc . Generally any point on a centile graph can be normal. Also someone can be within the accepted “normal” range between the 25th and 75th centiles and have real problem. It is merely a way of sifting things for probability of warranting serious investigation.

If such a graph existed for breast size you would find male and females scattered  over the whole spectrum  and all normal, though granted there would be a preponderance of males on the 25th centile, where I would have been at age 45 and with age of 80 beginning to loom now probably nearer the 75th  in the company of many women. Crossing centiles should always be investigated for malign causes. In my case, as with  many men, it is the oft encountered change in the hormonal stew that happens with Anno Domini.

So I, along with many here,  have BOOBS and I am NORMAL. I do not NEED treating.
By all sane thinking once malign causes are excluded there is absolutely no reason for doctors to get involved other than improving their income. Some may need psychological support though

I was warned at first “diagnosis” of this non medical condition  that every part of my body would change and that womens  clothing might eventually be a better fit  and be more comfortable. So it has proved.

I have worn a bra as a routine for around a decade for comfort and most of my clothing now comes from “across” the aisles . When out I can go out with 100% womens clothes without appearing as anything less than a fully paid up member of the mens club, apart from using a mini straight or A-line skirt in lieu of shorts in summer! ----- and of course the appendages up front  --they are part of me and are male, not female but do need care and support as for women- I like my breasts more and more. I wouldn't choose to be any other way - It has been a long journey.
At home I have the full support of a loving wife and sharing of clothes is the norm, as apart from leg length we  are  similar sizes.

I am male and proudly sport Normal boobs!

If anyone has a problem with that it is something for them to sort out.  It is their problem, not mine

« Last Edit: February 18, 2023, 02:55:32 PM by Normal boobs »

Orb

I appreciate your well written, eloquent and insightful approach to writing, this your opening return.

I’m unaware of your past yet am delighted to be here with you in the present.

I so appreciate your insight on the “norm”.  The inclination that there is a norm within the human form has always set me on edge.  There are so many factors within one’s makeup that everyone should be seen as normal within themselves.  I believe its true we set standards, norms if you will, only to help diagnose ones discomfort or illness within a species as a whole. How we change and evolve with age can be wholly normal for each of us though appearing different from the masses. 

I  enjoyed your welcome back read and do want to say that I for one am glad you’re here.  I feel your approach to life, your acceptance of yourself, along with your engagement here will be a benefit to all.

Normal boobs

Thanks Orb for the welcome. 

Offline Busty

I agree. There used to be some close minded people who verged on being bullies.  Thankfully, they seem to be gone

Offline Johndoe1

Welcome back and thank you for your comments. I too have come to the point that I AM normal, even though I have a large prominent chest and have been wearing bras for years to give me comfort and a mor pleasing appearance as well as "external plumbing" between my legs.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Kazmage

I have also come to that conclusion with the help of Sophie and others on this forum.
Although I haven't worn bras all that long it's become second nature to "strap the girls in  "as i call it lol when I get dressed in the morning.
I like the comfort and support and also helps elevate the back pain I have suffered for years.

aboywithgirls

You all are just so sweet 😋 😍🤗😘. I still love coming to the forum and sharing ideas, stories, advice and recommendations with you all. It's just the little things that I had learned through the years about what works best with my boobs and bras. I know that I'm on a slightly different path than most of you here. However, a group of men and a woman of transgender experience sitting around discussing our bodies, our breasts and the different ways we can dress and support our breasts is kind of a different path all together 
I would also like to welcome you back and thank you for the kind words of support. Like I said before, I am truly blessed for being able to still be her and be amongst an amazing group.

♥️Sophie♥️

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024