Author Topic: Italian holydays  (Read 2321 times)

Offline gabrielj

Hi, guys
I am going to go to Italy, but I don't know which cities to visit
Can you advise me something ?
Has anybody been to that country? what are your impression?
Lots of thanks

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
rome and florence are both good, pompeii if you get the chance.  buy a phrasebook and teach yourself some basic words and expressions.  watch out for the gypsy kids.  you'll eat well. 

welcome, though you're doing well if your first post unlurking has nothing to do with gyne ;) 
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 03:17:19 AM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Headheldhigh01 gives great advice.  I went about 11 years ago and if you like historical places and real art, then you'll love it.  Be prepared to drink wine.  If you order bottled water and don't specify "no gas", then you'll likely get highly carbonated water.   Crossing the streets in Rome is an art in itself.  The best I can figure it, you have to make the first move and put your foot into the street and that signals the traffic to stop for you.  They won't ever stop until you start walking out in front of them.  I felt like I was cheating death every time I made it across a few of those streets.  I can't tell you any one thing I liked best.  It's a wonderful place with a lot of history I would like to visit again sometime.

MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024