Author Topic: Help me with a few concerns (2 weeks post op)  (Read 3667 times)

Offline pre

• Posting Member
I just had surgery for my nipples 2 weeks ago, and while the brusing is just about gone, and the incisions are healing beautifully, I have a few concerns (that are hopefully just paranoia)

I have seen various pics of other massive nipple patients here, and trust me - mine were bigger than any i've ever seen. Absolutley massive cones that stuck out nearly a full inch from my chest (push ups and bench pressing sculpted my pecs, but just pushed the tissue out even further.

Now that the bruising has settled down, I have two concerns:

1. they still stick out slightly. More and more, I am thinking that this is because of the sheer amount of skin that the doc had to "collapse" after he removed the underlying gland. They don't look flat and still stick through a shirt. Is this something that will remedy itself as the healing process continues?

2. The area underneath the inscisions feels very hard and unnatural. I assume this is scar tissue - how long does this take to heal? When it does, will the surfect tissue subside with it?

long post, but thanks for any help!

Offline shy

• Posting Member
Since you are only 2 weeks post op, one can assume your nips stick out due to swelling.  The hardness you are feeling is probably just scar tissue.  I would not worry at this point as the duration of healing does take a while.  I was told by my ps that the full healing period is usually 3 months to a year.

Don't worry, just be patient!

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Scar tissue sucks. Wearing the compression vest will help to keep the scar tissue minimal. I would press down against the scar tissue over and over again, slightly. Yes, it huurts, but it helps break apart the scar tissue faster.
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline pre

• Posting Member
interesting you should ask.

It's getting worse. I hate like hell to be pessimistic, but the improvement I noticed after 2 weeks seems to be slowly going away.

My doc told me that I only need to wear the vest until all bruising and swelling is gone. I wore it for 3-5 days more, just to be sure. He said I could exercise about that time too, and I waited  a few more days, again just to be on the safe side.

Now, most of the scar tissue/hardness and pain is gone, and the incisions are healing very nicely. But the damn nips themselves are about 1/2 the size they used to be  (huge)

I'm set to see the doc in a week, I don't know what to say.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024