Author Topic: Dr. Bermant or surgeon question...Dent  (Read 5213 times)

Offline gynesux22

• Posting Member
This question is for Dr. Bermant or a surgeon who would know the answer.  Last year I had gynecomastia surgery on my left side only.  My surgeon got the gland out but left me with a slight dent in my chest and nipple.  It has gotten a little bit better from building more muscle there, but is there any procedure to fix this?  Thanks

Offline gynesux22

• Posting Member
He also did a tiny reduction on the nipple if that helps.

DrBermant

This question is for Dr. Bermant or a surgeon who would know the answer.  Last year I had gynecomastia surgery on my left side only.  My surgeon got the gland out but left me with a slight dent in my chest and nipple.  It has gotten a little bit better from building more muscle there, but is there any procedure to fix this?  Thanks

Revision surgery sometimes involves compromizes, realistic expectations are essential.

Options for Revision Gynecomastia Surgery vary depending on the original problem, what was done, how you healed, surgical technique(s), and other factors. Standardized male chest photographs can sometimes show the problem, but some scar issues are dynamic, how they move.

There can be many elements involved in revision gynecomastia surgery.  Deformities can include the access scar(s), remaining gland and scar after liposuction alone, and adhesion deformities.

Some crater deformities can be so extensive that there is not enough tissue left for revision.

Such questions are better explored during a consultation after an evaluation.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Dr. Bermant -

Don't you have some type of "Dynamic Fat Injection" technique that you've developed to help guys like this when a different surgeon took too much out.

Sorry if I got the name wrong. You basically put fat or gland back in. No?

DrBermant

Dr. Bermant -

Don't you have some type of "Dynamic Fat Injection" technique that you've developed to help guys like this when a different surgeon took too much out.

Sorry if I got the name wrong. You basically put fat or gland back in. No?

It is easier to remove than replace.

When there is enough local tissue, my Fat Flap Sculpture can move near fat into the defect.  Fat with a blood supply tends to stay alive.  Fat without a blood supply (graft) does not do as well and tends to die or become firm and not look good with animation.  That is why you do not typically see movies of results of fat injection techniques where fat from another part of the body is moved as a graft to a defect.

My Dynamic Technique means I am going into the operating room with an artist's palette of different techniques and tools.  My fat flap sculpture is just one element of this Dynamic Technique that I sometimes need for some problems.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 06:34:52 PM by DrBermant »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024