Author Topic: The End is Nigh!  (Read 895 times)

Offline HeldUp

• Silver Member
So I've posted about my current go-to, the Chantelle Parisian Allure Unlined Plunge Bra, for good or bad. It's the best I've found in my limited shopping experience. However, I got an email from Chantelle (I ordered two on sale a while back) and they notified me that they are discontinuing the line! I got a couple more for a pretty good discount, so I'm set for now, but I'll be in the market for a new go-to sooner than I'd like. I think once these are starting to age out I'll get that fitting I'm terrified of (big box stores that I know fit men, like Soma, are in shopping malls and boutiques I have to call around and ask "do you fit men"?). Ugh. :)

Offline HeldUp

• Silver Member
I forgot to add the question! (I hate editing posts on here, it screws with the font so sorry for the reply to my own post post!)

Have you had your favorite discontinued and how did you find the next (or did you ever)?

Online Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
I forgot to add the question! (I hate editing posts on here, it screws with the font so sorry for the reply to my own post post!)

Have you had your favorite discontinued and how did you find the next (or did you ever)?
My favorite wasn't discontinued but I outgrew their selection. They didn't have my size as my breasts continued to grow. 

I tried a few others off Amazon without any luck at all, and that was what took me to Torrid for my first time. 

I was a bit nervous at first, but the girls were very nice and helpful. They quickly measured me and showed me different styles. My size then and now is not a common size and something they don't carry on stock, so they ordered what I needed. 

When my bras arrived they were the best bras I have ever worn! I have only exclusively shopped Torrid bras now. 

I own several 360 models as my everyday go to, and a couple of strapless push-up bras. I recently bought a blouse that will require a plunge bra because of the neckline, and I'll have the Torrid girls order me up something this weekend. 

My only complaint with the Torrid strapless bra is that as they age the band isn't as stiff in the back and sometimes "bunches up" if the shoulder straps are removed (the band has some firm spreaders sewn in that get worn out).  As those bras age, I simply keep the shoulder straps on them and they remain in rotation for daily use. 
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline Johndoe1

I hate when a favorite is discontinued. Natori is bad for that. I love their bras but hate their marketing. 
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline HeldUp

• Silver Member
Good to know about Natori. I have bought at least one and had to return it, the fit wasn't for me, but they do have a good range of nice looking bras that aren't overly ornate.

Just after posting this, I bit the bullet and called the boutique nearby to see if they "fit men with gynecomastia" and the SA said, "we welcome everybody." I asked if there was a best time for a guy to come in for a fitting she said, "Any time. If anyone's in the store that's uncomfortable, that's on them." I was like, why did I wait so long to call?! ;)

I don't know if the other branches are like that, they're in TX/WI/MN, but they will be getting some business from me soon.

Offline Johndoe1

Most boutiques will fit men. Some may take men without an appointment or many require an appointment. Just depends. And there's a few that don't. I have run into at least one that doesn't. It's always good to ask though. 

Offline helie31

That's a bummer about the Chantelle Parisian Allure line being discontinued! 😕 Good call on grabbing a couple more at a discount. When the time comes for a new go-to, consider looking into boutiques or calling around to see if they fit men. It might be less intimidating than you think! Happy shopping.

Offline 42CSurprise!

When I realized that my favorite brassiere was becoming ever more difficult to find I scrambled to buy everything I could.  The brassiere is still available but not in a size that works for me.  I'm glad I have a few brassieres tucked away for a rainy day... or a sunny day for that matter!

Online Justagirl💃

When I realized that my favorite brassiere was becoming ever more difficult to find I scrambled to buy everything I could.  The brassiere is still available but not in a size that works for me.  I'm glad I have a few brassieres tucked away for a rainy day... or a sunny day for that matter!
My favorite bra no longer carried my growing size quite awhile ago. I was really depressed until I found my current favorite. 
Hindsight, my current bra is much better than the ones I loved so much before. 

p.r.1974

One of the many reasons I go with multiple versions in different colors once I find they work well. And why I have a few more than I can keep in active rotation.

Offline HeldUp

• Silver Member
I fought off the urge and only bought three. ;) They had switched to only nude and black, the writing was on the wall I guess. At least I didn't have any in those colors!

Offline Sophie

• Silver Member
I guess I am similar to most other women with the fact that most of my bras are either nude, black or white. At least my initial purchase anyway. I do have some fun colors that I like to wear if I know that a strap or my band will show while I'm wearing a top that exposes parts of my bras like a tank or spaghetti strap top.

For work in the summer months I will typically wear a skirt suit with a cute cami for a top with some lace trim. I'll keep my jacket on in the office but I can go out for drinks with the girls after work and just go with my cami and skirt for a bit more fun look. For this, I will typically play it safe with a black, white, or nude bra.

Sophie 🤗 🥰 😍 🤗 

Online Justagirl💃

I guess I am similar to most other women with the fact that most of my bras are either nude, black or white. At least my initial purchase anyway. I do have some fun colors that I like to wear if I know that a strap or my band will show while I'm wearing a top that exposes parts of my bras like a tank or spaghetti strap top.

For work in the summer months I will typically wear a skirt suit with a cute cami for a top with some lace trim. I'll keep my jacket on in the office but I can go out for drinks with the girls after work and just go with my cami and skirt for a bit more fun look. For this, I will typically play it safe with a black, white, or nude bra.

Sophie 🤗 🥰 😍 🤗
Black, nude, white, and my favorite is my tiel bras (really sexy color).

I save my sexy outfits for the weekend 💞 (do to stuffy dress codes Mon-Fri).

Offline HeldUp

• Silver Member
My thought was, when there was a style that had 7 or 8 color variants and it cuts down to two that demand is down and they're sticking to only the basics. Not necessarily a death knell, for sure, but none of the colors were outrageous (cranberry, teal, dark green, pink, etc.). I am likely too new to the market to make such assumptions. ;)

Offline Sophie

• Silver Member
I do have fun things for special occasions or a date night with my wife. If I do wear something special whether it's an animal print or a white lace bridal set, I won't let er see me getting dressed, that way it's a surprise when she gets me undressed.

Ok, that may have been TMI 😏

❤️Sophie❤️

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024