Author Topic: The drive : Montreal to Toronto  (Read 6273 times)

Offline Angel_of_Death

• Silver Member
Here is my situation.

I have consultation at Fielding's office monday march the 3rd at 1:00PM.

I reside in Montreal.

I have never been to Toronto.

I am an unexperienced driver (1 year), and have never driven too far outside of Montreal.

Nobody in my family knows about my intentions for surgery, and for now I still wanna keep it that way.

I have to leave early enough in the morning (family members thinking im heading to work) to be able to go rent a car and make it to Fielding's office for 1pm.

And then come back home before 9:00PM.

---------------------------------------------------------

Im a little scared of driving so far...and fear of getting lost or end up being late.

Any advice ?

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
I don't know your budget but I would go by plane if I was you.

You have a WestJet flight departing from MTL at 10:15 AM (there's one at 8:00AM as well) and landing in Toronto at 11:32 AM. You should have enough time to get to Fielding office if you get to downtown and then get the metro from there.

For the return, you have flight leaving Toronto at 4:30 PM, 5:55 PM, 6:45 PM.

That trip would cost you around 200-250 $.

I'm not aware of the renting fees for a car but I would expect that it will be around 200-300 $ with fuel. Are you old enough to rent a car? I think you must be at least 25.

Even if it's a bit more expensive, I think airplane is the safest way to travel for your security. Good luck!

Hope this help.

PS: for cheap airplane tickets use www.kayak.com it's a great site.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 10:50:48 AM by G-Man99 »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
If you 'were' to drive, it would take you 6 hours to reach T.O. So you would have to get your car and be on the road by no later than 7 A.M. Or, 6 A.M to allow for getting lost and asking for directions. Actually, the drive is very easy. Pretty much 401 all the way! It's just a long drive tho... If you like, I could give you detailed directions to JCF's office.

You 'might' be able to make it back to Montreal by 9 P.M. if traffic is not too heavy.

As G-Man99 mentioned, taking a plane would be much easier on you...  if you were to go by car, you'd be behind the wheel for 12 hours in one day...   :o

Where abouts in Montreal are you? My brother lives in Beaconsfield.

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Angel_of_Death

• Silver Member
Thanks for all the help.

I have actually never travelled in a plane, and don't have a passport. A flight from Montreal to Toronto would require a passport...right ? Sorry for the dumb question.

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
No need for a passport for a MTL-Toronto trip. You'll need a passport only if you're going out of Canada.

Seriously, I think you should go by plane, it will be easier for you and won't be too expensive.

Good luck.

Offline Angel_of_Death

• Silver Member
How much would it cost for me to take the Cab from the airport in Toronto to Feilding's office ?

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_Airport#Transportation_at_Pearson

Here you have some informations about the Airport and transportation to Downtown Toronto.

I would think getting there (downtown) and then taking the Metro should be cheaper for you.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
How much would it cost for me to take the Cab from the airport in Toronto to Feilding's office ?

Just a wild guess... maybe 50 bucks +/- a few....

GB

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Guys. Why no one has think about Greyhound bus service?

Plan ride will cost you arround $300 (round trip) plus $100 for a cab to and from to doctor's office from airport. Why don't you take the greyhound bus which will cost you arround $70 return? And also, greyhound bus station in Toronto is in downtown from where you can reach to Dr. Fielding's office in Subway for just $6 (roundtrip) only. I think if you take a bus (or VIA Train) you will end up saving almost $300. In fact coach canada (www.coachcanada.com)  have Montreal/Toronto special for $10. If you get the seat you will end up whole thing in under $50. If you insist to fly to toronto than taking bus or train, I would suggest you to fly with new Porter Airways (www.flyporter.com). I think their price is same as westjet or air canada but only difference is they fly to Toronto downtown not to pearson airport. So atleast you can save your self from that $100 bill to cab driver as said earlier, from downtown toronto to Dr. JCF office is very easily accessable from TTC service and that's also under $6. And Porter will serve you free wine !!!

It's my suggestion. Rest is your call. Let me know if you need any further assistant.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 10:38:27 PM by Give me Life »
Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
Hi GmL,

I hope your doing well after your revision!!!

As for the Bus, I think he gave us some hours in which he needs to make it and I guess a bus trip might be impossible for him. Even an auto trip might be impossible in his case.

The first time I went to JCF office I went by bus and it went great, so if he can do it it would be a good option.

Good luck

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Yes. Right as Bus will be a second option in this kind of weather. If heavy snow fall than it might ruin your appointment. So I would take "fly" option. And I would definetly suggest porter airways. Very nice service and fly from downtown toronto. So atleast can cut donw on heavy cab bills.

Anyways, after surgery I am feeling ok. This time arround no wait time to start at job. I was ready to work very next day and fully recoverd in 2 days. That's good thing. But result wise, it;s not a great happy face yet. The main problem is that extra skin. Skin has to shrink to get perfect 10. Dr. JCF took out almost everything under the skin. I can feel the bone under my skin. No gland tissue or fat. But due to my large size (on first place) my skin now still lose and that gives the feeling of boobs. But I am wearing T-Shirts no problem. Enjoying life otherwise but only regrate still is that Cuba vacation I promise to my wife. Still have to wait till I can go shirtless on beach. Hope this summer !!!

Offline Angel_of_Death

• Silver Member
Guys, you have been great help ! Your support is very much appreciated !

I have taken the decision to go by plane. I think taking all factors into account, it's probably the best decision.

I will certainly keep you guys updated about my consultation.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024