Author Topic: Surgery Dr. Fielding, Toronto  (Read 15057 times)

Offline smithers

• Bronze Member
First of all, I want to thank everyone on this forum - it's been very informative and it was instrumental in making me decide to have the surgery. A special thanks to  Grandpa Bambu and fondant.

The price of my operation was $2100. I had to be at St. Josephs hospital at 6:30 am to register and I had my wife accompany me. Then you get rid of your clothes and put on a hospital gown and wait. The staff is very friendly from registration, nurses and anesthesiologist. I waited only until 7:45 and to the operating room I went. I must say that Dr. Fielding is a very caring and talented surgeon and he made this whole process so much easier.

I was very nervous about general Anastasia so I went with local under IV sedation. I was somewhat awake through the surgery as confirmed by Dr. Fielding this morning but I did not feel a thing and I certainly do not remember anything at all.

I was in recovery until 1:30 pretty functional already hours after the surgery, but I was very hungry and thirsty. I slept most of the day and occasionally popped Tylenol 3. Upper body mobility is quite limited and in general, I just didn't feel all that bad. It was very difficult to sleep on my back but I must say the vest has not been that much of a bother. At about 2 am I guess the freezing started to wear off and it felt as if a truck hit me so I popped more pills.

I feel better this morning as I popped more pills. Knock on wood no bleeding coming though so no sine of a hematoma. I have my post opp appointment next Tuesday to remove my pads. I will document my progress and I will post before and after pics. Can anyone send me a pm with instructions to upload pics.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 04:09:38 PM by smithers »

Offline prodigy

• Posting Member
I had my surgery yesterday with fielding too around 11:00 AM. Congrats man.. I'm in a little discomfort now but feeling alright... I'm just a little anxious to see the results. Are you going to sneak a peak from now until next Tuesday?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Congrats to the both of you!!!  ;)

Welcome to the 'Other Side'......   :P

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

First of all, I want to thank everyone on this forum - it's been very informative and it was instrumental in making me decide to have the surgery. A special thanks to  Grandpa Bambi and fondant.

Uh-oh! Typo...   :P

It's 'Bambu' dude...  ;)

GB

Offline smithers

• Bronze Member
GB sorry about that not very mobile at this point and prodigy I think I will wait until next Tuesday. Swelling is not that bad little over left shoulder armpit area how about you?

Offline prodigy

• Posting Member
I didn't really start feeling any pain until last night. My left side was a lot worse then the right and that's where most of my pain is right now. Sort of like a pulsing pain. Anyways, I'm trying to sit up or lay down in an incline.. hopefully this will help with swelling.

I feel kind of nasty today though, feel really bloated... wondering if that's just my body healing. Did you see fielding after your sugery?

Offline smithers

• Bronze Member
No, I was his first surgery and he was booked the rest of the day. He called this morning and said I should get out of bed and do some walking. Swelling thus far not so bad, pain on and off, I am taking my pills every 4 hours. The pills knock me out.

Offline smithers

• Bronze Member
First of all, I want to thank everyone on this forum - it's been very informative and it was instrumental in making me decide to have the surgery. A special thanks to  Grandpa Bambi and fondant.

It's 'Bambu' dude...  ;)

GB

Take a look!

Offline prodigy

• Posting Member
I haven't filled out the prescription for the t3's yet. I've just been taking a regular Tylenol....  feeling a bit better now, walked around for a bit too. Haven't heard anything from fielding so I'm guessing everything is ok. Are you going back for your follow up next Tuesday?

Offline smithers

• Bronze Member
yes, he is taking the pads off Tuesday afternoon.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

It's 'Bambu' dude...  ;)

GB

Take a look!

Take a look at what dude?

GB

Offline smithers

• Bronze Member
First of all, I want to thank everyone on this forum - it's been very informative and it was instrumental in making me decide to have the surgery. A special thanks to  Grandpa Bambu and fondant.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Offline smithers

• Bronze Member
I have my first pre-opp appointment with Fielding today and I get my first look. I must say I can now understand the post opp psychological impact that everyone talks about. I am scared shitless to tell you the truth, I hope it worked, I hope their is no chance for revision and I hope I am happy with the results. I will probably be happy today but will I be tomorrow once everything swells?

At least the pads get taken off and I can finally take a decent shower!!!!!!!!!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

So... how does it look?

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024