Author Topic: 18 y/o in need of an option for the $2000  (Read 2806 times)

Offline revoltech

• Posting Member
Hi,

new to the forums here, i have read alot of topics on this site though.

i just turned 18 and i;'m looking for a way to pay for the surgery. my parents agrees with me getting the surgery but won't help pay,

so does anyone know how medicare or any similar program works ?

would they give me the money then i would have to pay it to the doctor or will they pay it directly to him.

i'd rather go with something like that and pay monthly afterwards because i want to get the surgery as soon as i can..

btw. i plan on going with Dr.Fielding.

thx

Offline Merangue

• Silver Member
I'm not sure you'd be able to get financing by yourself for it. I think one of your parents would have to co-sign it at the very least. Try to see if they'd be okay with that.

You could also try your credit card (if you have one yet). You can talk to your bank about getting it increased to 2000.

Offline revoltech

• Posting Member
thanks for the info, do you know if there aby requirements for getting my credit card to 2000 ?

Offline Merangue

• Silver Member
I'm not sure. I'm with TD canada and every time I go into the bank they pretty much beg me to increase my limit. I'm 22 right now and have a $2750 limit (they've been wanting me to increase it more but I think this is enough for emergency situations)... I just put monthly things on it then pay it off at the end of the month. Also I just have a part time job and am a student so not sure what criteria their using.

Definitely try applying tho. Go to a branch and talk to a rep about it. You can also ask if they'd approve you for a line of credit.

If you've had a job for a while or can at least fake one (family businesses) it'd probably help your cause.

Offline GynosaurusRex

• Posting Member
Save up money or get a line of credit. credit cards charge 25% interest. a line of credit might charge 5% interest.

bottom line if you put it on your card because you don't have the money it will end up costing you a lot of money.

Offline revoltech

• Posting Member
thanks for the information guys. :)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Do you have a job dude?

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline revoltech

• Posting Member
i only got one 2 days ago.. =s

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I highly doubt that a bank would give you a line of credit... being just 18 and a two day old job...

You would be better off paying for the procedure with a credit card, if you have one....

OR...

Just save your pennies...

GB...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024