Author Topic: New to this site from montreal have consult with Zelt any info would help  (Read 4656 times)

Offline ccmrbk

I have lived with gyno most of my life have a moderate case was wondering if anyone has had surgery with
Dr. Zelt in Montreal. I am seeing him for a consult tomorrow and would appreciate any feedback. I have been on the site before yet never took the time to register. I would like to just say what a great idea this site is and hat off to those who keep it going. Will post pics soon am getting the surgery one way or another 40 years of living in the shadows has been enough finally got the money saved and from some of the stories I have read it sees like the best money ever spent.
I hear Toronto has some great P.S and hope that I can help people in Montreal by listing my experience cause it seems like not much goes on here. From what I read on this site it seems like Zelt does 50-75
surgeries a month and nobody has any feedback so please help if you can. Will still post my exploit on here
for those who want to read them.
Thanks again

Offline Travelbum

• Posting Member
So how did your consultation go with Zelt?  I e-mailed his office and got a reply two months later.  In the meantime, I saw/talked to a couple other doctors in the Montreal area but was not impressed.  I drove to Toronto and had a consultation with Fielding.  I am going to have Dr. Fielding do the surgery at the end of September.  The distance can be kind of a hassel but he really seemed like he knows what he is doing?  I did not talk to Zelt even though he was the first doctor I contacted.   Curious to know what you though of your consultation.

Offline ccmrbk

Hi wish you lots of luck with fielding was wondering how much it cost you in the end for Dr. Zelt
He actually postponed the appointment till the 31 of august. His secretary called me that same morning and told me he was sick so they rescheduled it.They had given me an appointment the same week I called I also made an appointment with the Dr Nicholidis  on beaumont st. which is on the 28 August so I will see him first. I was also looking to call dr Shwartz I sent him an email and he quoted me for 3500 plus taxes which is quite reasonable he also performs quite a few of these surgeries per month 60 or more Then if I am not satisfied with any of them I may take your advice and go west to TO like the rest of you guys. I was hoping to shed some light on the montreal scene so I could pass on some positive info on a PS in Montreal. I will keep you posted on the the 3 surgeons if it can help someone in the future. I have learnt alot on these boards and hope it works for someone else Thanks for the reply.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
From what I read on this site it seems like Zelt does 50-75
surgeries a month

Wow... that would be 900 a year!

Do you mean 50-75 a year?

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline ccmrbk

You are probably right about that it would be more like per year. I Finally did get to meet him and he is actually quite nice. He was very knowledgeable about Gyno and went through the procedure of what he planned on doing during surgery. I also seen Dr Nicollidis who basically told me the same thing. They both said I had a severe case and would need skin removal and nipple repositioning. I did like the fact that Dr. Zelt seemed very confident and made me feel at ease. He answered all my questions which I had prepared for him most of which I found on this site. As for the surgery because of the severity I was quoted $5000 from both doctors and this included all the costs. I find this a great deal if I do not have to travel to Toronto to get the surgery I save in the end. Just the fact that I can get it done near home gives me peace of mind if anything goes wrong after the surgery you are not too far. I did finally decide to book the surgery with Zelt he was able to fit me in early Nov 6  so I am so looking forward to this. I actually want to say thanks to you GB and the work you do on this site It gave me the courage and inspiration to get the the consult and hopefully the surgery done.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

That's awesome that you feel comfortable with Dr. Zelt and that his practice is local to you.

Congrats on booking a surgery date...

Thanks for the kind words dude....  However, I'm just 'paying it forward'...  ;)

GB...

Offline chose

He does have a great website and one section is dedicated to gynecomastie

http://www.rgzelt.com/gynecomastia.htm

I took an appointment for a consultation.

Offline chose

He even started a website on the subject, out of service though.

www.gynecomastiemontreal.com

Doesn't work now but the cache memory of google showed me the page and it's all made by Doctor Zelt.

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
interesting... i think i'll go see him for a revision (2nd revision :-\)

happy to see surgeons from montreal investing in this procedure!
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I wonder if the guy in the pics had G himself....  Doubt it!!!   ::)

GB...

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
I wonder if the guy in the pics had G himself....  Doubt it!!!   ::)

GB...

hahaha probably not... if so, i'd be happy if my result looked anything like this... i guess i can keep dreaming

Offline Grandpa Bambu

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024