Author Topic: Eric's Story  (Read 3232 times)

Offline Eric Robertson

• Bronze Member
  • It's time to spread the word about Gynecomastia
Do you ever wonder why certain people are placed in your life?  I know that Dr. Elliot Jacobs came into my life for a reason. Some people might say it is coincidence when help comes from a virtual stranger, but I think otherwise.  I suffered from the time I was 10 years old with gynecomastia and was told by my pediatrician that it would most likely eventually resolve itself.  After five years of waiting for a resolution, I realized that my condition would not go away by itself.  I started to research the condition online and found the website of Dr. Elliot Jacobs*.  I started to converse with him online and, for the first time, realized that there was someone who really cared about how I felt and understood my emotional pain.  His compassion was instrumental in my seeking his help and expertise in resolving my gynecomastia.  There is no way that I can thank him enough for what he has done for my self esteem.  I have reclaimed confidence in myself and want to encourage anyone who is suffering with this condition to consider taking the next step.  Don't hesitate to contact someone like Dr. Elliot Jacobswho will listen, encourage and help you to take that next step through surgery if that is what is warranted.  You owe yourself at least a consultation with the best!  He is not only an excellent surgeon with a gift for helping those in this situation - he is also a man with a kind and understanding heart.  Thank you,Dr. Jacobs, for being there for me! ;D  By the way, my pediatrician has supported my decision to have surgery and realizes now that my condition would not have resolved by itself.

*http://www.plasticsurgeonnewyork.com/
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 05:43:22 AM by Oleska »
Surgery Date: 6/06/06
Surgeon: Dr. Elliot Jacobs M.D., F.A.C.S., F.I.C.S., P.C.
Procedure: Liposuction and incision under the nipple.
Cost: $6,500
Discovery Health: Plastic Surgery Before and After I was featured in: http://www.gynecomastianewyork.com/teen_dhc_video1.html

Offline funkytown69

• Posting Member
 Im happy that everything worked out so perfectly for you  :D.  But, what strikes me as odd is the fact that you highlighted his name and said so many compassionate, loving things about him :P.  Do you work for him or something ?  :-/
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 12:25:00 AM by funkytown69 »

Offline Eric Robertson

• Bronze Member
No, I do not work for him. I am only fifteen.  However, I care for him very much because he changed how I lived my life dramatically.

Offline Eric Robertson

• Bronze Member
Thank you for a great story!  Did Dr. Jacobs perform this in his Park Ave. office or in a hospital?  Also, did you have lipo AND excision (cut below the nipples)?

I visited him recently with my 12 year old and he wouldn't guarantee he would do the excision (the cut); he said he would start with lipo and then see if the excision was needed.  Please let me know what he did with your surgery.

Yes, he did perform it in his office.  Very nice office in fact.  Mine was moderately serious.  He had said the same thing to me as far as the incision under the nipple.  I had to get it done because Dr. Jacobs wants to ensure that he gets all of the fat/breast tissue out.

The surgery went fine, but the recovery is quite painful.  Be expecting lots of bruising and pain starting around two days after the surgery.

I have to send my pictures to Dr. Jacobs now.  Its been 6 months since my surgery and I am looking great.  I might have to go back though because my left nipple is kinda caved in, we'll see.

Good luck!

-Oleska-

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024