Author Topic: Sugery done........ Feeling Good!  (Read 8564 times)

Offline BCGUY

• Bronze Member
Well I had my sugery last wednesday and it went pretty good. I stayed at the Four Points Sheraton the night before and had a pretty good sleep. The rooms aren't that big but they are nice. What pissed me off was that I couldnt rent any movies... there was something wrong with the service, so I had to settle for Internet.

Day of Surgery I got to the hospital at about 11:00 AM thinking my sugery was going to be at 1:00... it ended up being at 2:00. I guess he runs late sometimes... no big deal. I checked in at the Front desk and gave him all my information and then proceeded through the day surgery doors. I went to the Nurses desk and told them who I was and who my surgeon was. One of the women behind the desk was a real wench. She wispered something to another nurse "Hes here to get his boobies done". I nearly grabbed her by the scruff of the neck. All the other nurses were really nice and treat you with respect. The nurse gave me the hospital gowns and told me to go change and she would call me in about 10 minutes. I changed and then they called me and I went and sat with the Nurse, she takes all your information..........height.......weight.........alergies.....etc. After she was done you are told to go wait in the waiting area until you are called for surgery. I waited for about 2 hours and then I was finally called. I walked with the nurse into the operating room... There is a bunch of people in there waiting for you..... I think there was at least 6 of them. They give you warm blankets and then Fielding comes in and marks on your chest (In my case.... he marked on my love handles as well) and the you lay down on the operating table. The lady then hooks up your I.V and injects something in there..... then shes like you'll be asleep in about 1 min..... One of the people in there then gives you oxygen. I was telling them "I dont think its working".... thats the last thing I remember b4 waking up. And I told the nusre when I woke up......... I told you it didnt work..... then she was like "Your surgery is done"......lol.....I was right out of it when I woke up.... lol... Talking blabberish to the nurses. I did not feel any pain at all........ just discomfort. I was wisked away to my room and I was sooooooo friggin hungry/thirsty. They gave me some apple juice and water... and I felt better. My throat hurt like a SOB from the tube they stick down your throat. I was room mates with a 68 year old man. lol.... the nicest guy ever. He talked to me until 12:30 in the morning........ I got about an hour of sleep that night...... because after he was done talking.... he went to sleep and snored soooooooooo loud. I think the nuses station could hear him snoring!! lol. My buddy picked me up from the hospital the next day........ bumps hurt in the vehicle! I did not require taking any of the T3's that they prescribe you. I didnt really have pain, the most pain I felt was from the lipo to the love handles.

Today I took the pads off for the first time and got to see my chest. WOW am I impressed.... he did a really good job! If my chest stays like this... I would be 100% Happy with the results (I know its going to swell up) . I dont have ANY bruises at all... I dont bruise too easy.

Fielding came and seen me the morning after my surgery.... took a look at everything.......and made sure i didnt have a hematoma. I asked him how much fat they took out of my love handles and he said about 350 ml. Im not sure if he meant from each side or total. They dont look like they changed at all......... but thats what he told me they would be like for a while. He said it could take up to 8 months for the full result of the love handle lipo.  ah well...... summer isnt for a while....lol

In all I am very pleased with the results so far... the whole process wasnt as bad as I thought it would be thats for sure.......... besides all of the travelling.  I will take some after shots 2morrow before my shower and I will also post my b4 pics.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
BCGUY....

Congrats on your surgery dude....  ;)

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Great BCGUY:

I am now 2 weeks today. And no pain but just discomfort with tensor wrap. I would not say that I have 100% result. Even Fielding told me that you have 50% result but as time pass by, I will get good result. He took out almost 900ml from me. I am using my belt very tight that way skin sticks to new area. Also, I am taking another week off from work. I think 2 weeks are not enough.

I am going to see him on 3rd of Oct again. Till then I will use my tensor belt.

As said, I was not impressed with my result when he took out my form pads. But confidence he gave me and my wife, offcourse, have hope that as time pass by, everything will be cool. Let's see.

But, hey, take care of your self and do take good rest. As I assume, once form pads are out, more swalling and hemotama trying to apprea.

Keep us posted abouve the experience.
Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Last night, pins of my tensor wrap clips were broken. So was hard to keep them tight by just one pin. So I tried to find one in local drug store like shoppers and others. But couldn't find any. Then fianally, went to hospital to get one. Paid $5. But that's not a big deal. But guys who are going for surgery, please do make sure to get extra tensor belt from hospital when you take a discharge. It will be very important to have one extra.

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
i used safety pins instead of the pins they put on the wrap... its a lot easier, more comfortable and holds everything very well.

no need to get extra pins.
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Well, will try that now if I run out of pins. These small tricks can really make a big difference.

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
BCGUY:

How much fluid he took out?

It is a week for you now. So only swelling can be a problem. I am now 2 week post ops and going ok. No pain, No hemotama. Stillwearing tensor belt which makes me discomfort. So still off from work. Going back on Monday now.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 07:24:53 PM by tata3401 »

Offline BCGUY

• Bronze Member
Im not too sure how much fluid he took out of my chest... I only asked him about my love handles. I did not have a lot in my chest just a little bit of gland and a little bit of fat. My Chest looks pretty muscular now... and I still haven't swelled up too much. My chest and sides are really itchy... this must be the healing process. If it werent for my sides... I'd be able to do a lot more things. I hope to be back to the gym in another 2 or 3 weeks....... I am going to go crazy without going to the gym.... As I am used to going everyday after work. Hopefully I dont get too out of shape in 3 weeks.

Offline supaaman

• Silver Member
Hey BC Guy,

Nice to hear it went well.  I think it's the tensor that makes you itchy.  In the evening, I'd put a bit of moisturizing cream on it and then it was fine for  while.  I used the safety pins too (the other clips break off after a while) and bought a new tensor.  The two tensors they gave me were pretty wrecked after about 9-10 days.

I also do not seem to have had much (if any) swelling.  My left pec is bigger than the right and is causing the areola not to line up symmetrically.  JCF believes it's swelling (although he's not seen it), so hopefully it is.   But, it looks great in a t-shirt.  I have a bit of scar tissue under the areola region, but not too bad and it seems to be subsiding some here now (4 weeks in).

JCF said you can pretty much go nuts at the gym after 3 weeks...  I haven't been yet though.  I wanted to give it an extra week to fully heal.

Keep us posted and take care.
JCF  Success Story - Surgery Aug 23, 2006

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Hi Guys:

Can I suggest you something if you don't mind? Can you please make a signature like mine and others that when you had a surgery and (if you like) from whom?

I know we all are almost at the same stage just few weeks difference but those who join the forum now and in future can understand easily what to expect and when to by reading our stories.

Hope you don't mind.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 07:52:21 AM by tata3401 »

Offline BCGUY

• Bronze Member
Well its now day 8..... It seems like I didnt even have the surgery in my chest area.... it doesnt hurt at all. I still dont seem to be swelling either. My love handles are starting to get a little bit of bruising, but not much. The white stirips are starting to fall off in the shower... I still havent seen what my whole nipple looks like... but I am going to wait until they fall off on their own. When I flex, I have a little bit of an indent on my left side (was worse then the right side before) but I will start massaging it soon so it doesnt adhear to the skin wrong. I cant wait........ 2 more weeks and I dont have to wear these tensors or the vest. I too bought new tensors at Shoppers drug mart... I bought the 15cm ones and they work really well, and they dont come with the little cheap metal clips. I am going to have a few beers this week end for the UFC fights... hopefully this wont affect my healing process. What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 11:17:37 AM by BCGUY »

Offline chopemoff

• Bronze Member
hey dude, I'm going in this wednesday, and as I've never truly been in a hospital for any major procedure I really appreciated your step by step account of what happened and how you felt during the process.

It really eased my mind and it sounds as though you're in good shape which is helping your recovery speed along.

I'm also healthy and fit and can't WAIT to get it done.

I'm really happy for your results, post some before and afters if you are able.

Good luck with the rest of your recovery, keep us posted!

ceo

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Good to hear BCGUy about your post op recovery. We are in the same boat. I am today in 16 days and not much pain but swelling, yes. I don't have flat cheast like you says yours. My size is reduce by half. Right side looks great though but left is way to go. I am waiting fow swelling to be gone so can join the gyme.

Offline supaaman

• Silver Member
I think it's fine to drink now - 8/9 days in.  I took about a week off the booze before and a week after and I think it's okay.  Leslie had said that they were way more concerned about smoking than booze.  Besides, I think you are healing really fast/well by the sounds of it.

Offline BCGUY

• Bronze Member
Well today in the shower the final white piece of tape on my right nipple fell off. wow.... I dont even barely have a scar and you cant even tell it was cut. I think the left nipple is going to be a little bit different because there was more work to be done. But so far... My chest is still looking like it did when I took the foam pads of last week.......hardly any swelling. My left is a tiny bit swollen...... but can barely tell. When should I start massaging my nipples so the scar tissue underneith goes away? I have been wearing T-Shirts I never could wear before...... I am loving it. I can actually shop for shirts that are tight fitting....... no more wearing loose shirts or double layering. I am very happy with the results so far. My love handles on the other hand are taking a lot more time to heal....... and are swollen. They are numb to the touch whereass I have total sensation in both of my nipples. He told me before the sugery that the love handles would take longer to heal and I wouldnt see the result for a while... I guess I will just have to wait it out.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024