Author Topic: Postoperative Care?  (Read 3200 times)

Offline stillwaiting

I am planning on flying alone to Toronto to have surgery performed later this year.  Following surgery, there is a requirement to have someone there to pick you up and look after you for 24 hours.  Someone mentioned private postoperative care centres that might provide this service but I am unable to find anything like this in Toronto and was curious if anyone had any ideas of options for people who were "going at it alone".

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Where you are flying from and how long do you want to stay?
Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

Offline supaaman

• Silver Member
Make sure you stay in the hospital overnight so they can look after you and check for any major problems.  The most common problem is a hematoma and they usually see that within 24 hrs.

After that, get a decent hotel for a night or two and then head home.  You have to take it easy, but they do let you out of the hospital on your own, and the recovery is not that intense.
JCF  Success Story - Surgery Aug 23, 2006

Offline stillwaiting

I am planning on going with Lista so overnight in the hospital isn't a great option.  I am coming from Alberta and I have to stay for a period of four days, as per Lista's instructions, to have a post-surgery check-up.  The directions from Lista's clinic are that "A friend or relative will need to come and pick you up and stay with you for 24 hours."

Offline finallygotitdone

• Posting Member
I went it alone and I was fine , they wanted me to have someone there but i never . goodluck my friend you should do fine.

Offline NoChance

• Posting Member
Different people react differently to the surgery.  I would recomend not going at it alone. 

On a different note, why are you paying all this to go to Toronto, when there is a great Dr. in Calgary doing the surgeries for free?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
He's already had surgery...

Check out the date of his last post...  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024