Author Topic: Why doesn't Dr. Fielding use Lista's method?  (Read 4414 times)

Offline Dadadaboom

• Posting Member
Dr. Lista seems very proud of his no-scar method of yanking the gyne out of the same hole that the lipo tube is stuck in. But the fact that this method isn't used by Dr. Fielding, a very experienced surgeon for gynecomastia operations, makes me wonder how great it really is.

Dr. Lista says "other operations [i.e. other than gyne operations] you can actually see what you're doing, in this operation it's all done by feel" at http://www.individual.utoronto.ca/charlesh/documentary

If an incision is made around the nipple, wouldn't that let the surgeon see what he's doing?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 05:22:30 AM by Dadadaboom »

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
I really don't understand Lista's method. He does not actually look at the amount of gland he is taking out cuz he does not cut the nipple. If he doesn't actually look he has to rely on 'feeling' around for it  :-/

I don't know about others but i think the classic way is better as the surgeon actually sees what he is taking out and how much exactly.

Offline braveboy

• Gold Member
  • formerly shyboy
Let me tell you that Lista gets what ever gland he needs to out of the same incision as the lipo hole.He first does the lipo useing the pal method after that the gland is very noticable with feel,my opion is that if it can be done as effective as cutting the nipple with out cutting the nipple then why not exspecialy if you got the money.With lista the after care you get is second to none,he called me at home the night of the operation,i saw him the next day for my1st post-op visit then 1 week after for my 2nd visit and needs to see me again after 1 month with many more after that.I also had minimal brusing .Keep in mind he is the one who came up wiyh this method so everyone else would have to be taught on how to do it.    

Offline marx

• Bronze Member
I asked this question many times.  The nipple incision is how plastic surgeons are taught in school, it is the classic method, it is the standard.  Lista has focused so much on gynecomastia, that he has developed this method.  Perhaps in future, others will adopt his method.  

I chose this method because i didn't want any chance of a visible scar.   Perhaps the traditional method would not have left a scar on my nips.  I didn't want to take any chances.  The only problem with Lista is he's so expensive vs Fielding.  Personally, I paid up for Lista because I was worried that I didn't want permanent scars on my nips.  I think my two incision points will heal in time and because they are not symetrical, it also doesn't look obvious.

Lista has respect for Fielding as a doctor.  I don't know what Fielding thinks about Lista.

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
Fielding has a lot of respect for Lista ans his technique as well. doctors use different techniques depending on how they like to work. cosmetic surgery is an art and evry surgeon has their own way.

i dont think its only a matter of learning the method, its a question of how comfortable the doctors is. he told me that he really feels more comfortable seeing what he does and that he feels he'll be able to give a better contour to the chest that way.

it was enough said for me.
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline marx

• Bronze Member
so far i like my result too, but after six weeks, the end result is far off.    i think Fielding's prices are a huge advantage over Lista though.

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
I heard the price for Lista altogether comes out over 5,000$. is that true?

Offline marx

• Bronze Member
After two months, my incision scars are bright red.  They are well healed though.  I hope after many more months the scars will blend in with my skin colour.  Does this happen with nipple incision scars too?  Can you see them for months after surgery?  Is the swelling the same as PAL method after a couple of months?

Offline nowchase

• Bronze Member
    • "Me vs. My Breast"
Its really amazing, even after one year since I made this film... over 20,000 view on the site and 3,500 viewing on Google Video, I still receive e-mail constantly thanking me for making it!

Thanks guys!
Free Documentary "Me vs. My Breast"
http://individual.utoronto.ca/charlesh/documentary

Offline marx

• Bronze Member
Nowchase, your video is how I found out about Dr. Lista and chose him as one of the doctors to research.  Good job on the film.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024