Author Topic: Question about Compression Vest - 8 days Post Op  (Read 3965 times)

Offline m9taylor

• Posting Member
So yesterday I took my vest off and all the fixings underneath (foam and bandages).

Took a shower- thank god! That felt good.

Put the vest back on, just the vest, no bandages or any foam underneath.

I'm under the impression that this is what I should be doing, just wanted to clarify- because it's DAMN itchy.

It's the kind of itching that hasn't subsided for a full 24 hours, whoa-nelly I hope it gets better because I'm pretty sure people around the office are finding it funny with me caressing my chesticles all day long, haha.

Offline jackson318

• Posting Member
Compression garments are built to compress - not for comfort ;-)  Most guys on here seem to use under-armor type shirts underneath the vest for comfort.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Dude...  just wear the vest at home.  ;)

Or....

As jackson mentioned, buy an Under-Armour type shirt. You could even try a very tight regular t-shirt (undershirt). One that is 1-2 sizes too small for you. The compression garment doesn't need to be anything fancy... Just as long as you get 'some' compression to the surgery site.  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline m9taylor

• Posting Member

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Offline tubbs

• Posting Member
I am presently wearing a compression vest ordered on line from the website referred to here (forget the name).  It's really uncomfortable but it feels like it's doing a great job...no pain no gain as they say.

My doctor saw it the day after the visit and couldn't believe how tight it was.  He cut the bottom of it off since it was really tight on my gut.

It's very uncomfortable sitting at a desk job, but I'd rather be uncomfy for a few weeks and maximize my efforts.

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
It sounds like you have gotten a size too small.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

It's very uncomfortable sitting at a desk job, but I'd rather be uncomfy for a few weeks and maximize my efforts.

You don't want it too tight... You just need it to be snug. No more, no less... just snug.  ;)

If you cut your finger and put a bandage on the wound, would you put it on so tight that it was 'uncomfortable' for you? Of course you wouldn't! You would put it on 'snug'. Tight enough that it holds the separated flesh together, but not so tight that it is turning your finger blue...

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024